Allen to EMU

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Allen to EMU

Postby The-Dude » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

There is talk on the Detroit Titan Basketball Forum ( http://udtitanbasketball.freeforums.net ... oit-titans ) about Allen heading to EMU. Speaking of heading elsewhere, I was surprised to see a lot of the former posters on this board are active on this forum, that is run by Commish.
The-Dude
Senior

Re: Allen to EMU

Postby udballer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:46 pm

This would be a very good get for EMU. They are lacking at both guard spots in the frosh/soph classes. I'd be surprised if Corey wasn't their leading scorer two years from now. Selfishly, I'd hope the new coach could do something to keep him here... but he could do worse than going home to EMU.

If I were Corey, I'd still be setting my sights a bit higher than the Eagles. I think he's absolutely proven that he could be a valuable scorer for a team in a higher league than the Horizon or MAC.
udballer
Senior

Postby titandave » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:06 pm

udballer wrote:This would be a very good get for EMU. They are lacking at both guard spots in the frosh/soph classes. I'd be surprised if Corey wasn't their leading scorer two years from now. Selfishly, I'd hope the new coach could do something to keep him here... but he could do worse than going home to EMU.
If I were Corey, I'd still be setting my sights a bit higher than the Eagles. I think he's absolutely proven that he could be a valuable scorer for a team in a higher league than the Horizon or MAC.

Likewise, I'm hoping our new coach can persuade Corey to stay and if the coaching staff can convince Adrian Nelson to re-consider and enroll at UDM; we'll start the season with a solid roster. :)
titandave
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:19 pm

titandave wrote:
udballer wrote:This would be a very good get for EMU. They are lacking at both guard spots in the frosh/soph classes. I'd be surprised if Corey wasn't their leading scorer two years from now. Selfishly, I'd hope the new coach could do something to keep him here... but he could do worse than going home to EMU.

Likewise, I'm hoping our new coach can persuade Corey to stay and if the coaching staff can convince Adrian Nelson to re-consider and enroll at UDM; we'll start the season with a solid roster. :)

Yeah. Adrian Nelson would also be a promising player if the new coach could hold on. I was most excited to see him in a Titans uniform. Any word from Corey Hightower yet?
udballer
Senior

Postby titandave » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:48 pm

If our new coach can convince Chatman and Allen to remain at UDM and BJ Simmons (verbal commit), Cory Hightower (signed LOI), and Jesse Barnes (recent offer) formally sign and enroll .... we'll start the 2018-19 season with a decent roster.
titandave
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Have to imagine Allen really is gone. That’s why Jordan Nobles is headed to Oakland from EMU. If you guys took Polimbizio from us it would be like a 3 player trade as he just announced he is transferring.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby candf1980 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm

I guess I'm old, but I don't understand how these players can transfer in the middle of a semester. Don't they have to pass the classes that they're taking, and then be admitted by the new school?

Also, in Allen's case, why wouldn't he stick around long enough to learn who the new coach is going to be? I fully understand why he didn't want to play for the old coach, but I don't understand the sense of urgency here.

Does anybody know what's going on? Thanks.
candf1980
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:16 pm

candf1980 wrote:I guess I'm old, but I don't understand how these players can transfer in the middle of a semester. Don't they have to pass the classes that they're taking, and then be admitted by the new school?

Also, in Allen's case, why wouldn't he stick around long enough to learn who the new coach is going to be? I fully understand why he didn't want to play for the old coach, but I don't understand the sense of urgency here.

Does anybody know what's going on? Thanks.

Allen announced he was leaving on March 21. Bacari was fired March 26.

As far as transferring, we all saw what happened when Hogan tried to transfer last year. He announced it, he named his desitination school, but he wasn't in good academic standing so it didn't happen.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:05 pm

On Twitter, Detroit News’ Tony Paul minutes ago reported that Corey Allen will transfer. In a separate Tweet, suggests he might be headed to EMU.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:14 pm

HSScout1
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Mr Paul now tweets:

Hearing Corey Allen was planning a visit to Georgia State this weekend. Former Detroit Mercy coach Ray McCallum on the staff.
HSScout1
Senior

Postby udballer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Have to imagine Allen really is gone. That’s why Jordan Nobles is headed to Oakland from EMU. If you guys took Polimbizio from us it would be like a 3 player trade as he just announced he is transferring.

Palombizio? Transferring? I can't picture anyone better than Lake Superior State wanting to pick him up.
udballer
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 pm

I dunno. LSSU has a head coach and could likely beat you guys right now...
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Oudrummer wrote:I dunno. LSSU has a head coach and could likely beat you guys right now...

Why are you starting S&%t with Baller? Major blogs are picking OU to be the worst team in the HL next year. What do you have to say to that?
The-Dude
Senior

Postby udballer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Oudrummer wrote:I dunno. LSSU has a head coach and could likely beat you guys right now...

If that's true than Palombizio probably couldn't play there either. Is it possible to transfer back into high school?
udballer
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:15 pm

titandave wrote:If our new coach can convince Chatman and Allen to remain at UDM and BJ Simmons (verbal commit), Cory Hightower (signed LOI), and Jesse Barnes (recent offer) formally sign and enroll .... we'll start the 2018-19 season with a decent roster.

I am sure whomever the new coach is will have a few players to recruit. I remember when McCallum and BA both stating that they were receiving calls from coaches all around the country who were trying to get their players scholarships.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:54 pm

udballer wrote:

If that's true than Palombizio probably couldn't play there either. Is it possible to transfer back into high school?

To transfer from The Michigan State Extension is tough. I am not sure there are many schools who will accept credits from there.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:43 am

Well, looking at recent history of students suspended for academic issues or who couldn’t transfer to another school when the tried, I like Chris’ chances.

It was a joke about a three player trade. Relax. I know y’all got your panties in a bunch as the world crumbles but you’ll have warm bodies and a coach and play basketball next season. And hopefully OU will beat you again.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Ahh Drummer can't stay away from poking the fans of the cross town opponent of his FORMER favorite team

Alas, let us not forget Drummer's post on March 6 on the Grizzlies Message Board...
"I no longer wish to be part of a program like this. This isn’t anger talking. This is a day later deciding, I’m done. I have options when it comes to supporting teams and spending time and money. It’s time for me to take my ball and go home. "

He has options on how to spend his time and here he is on our board. Should we feel sorta flattered that on a weekend day this was how he spent his time? I say yes! And if you want to get on a bandwagon, we got plenty of room right now!
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby candf1980 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Wait a minute, are you saying that drummer is also Bandwagon Boy???

I love that guy.
candf1980
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball