Detroit Mercy inks Home and Home with Incarnate Word

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Detroit Mercy inks Home and Home with Incarnate Word

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:31 pm

San Antonio Express News // Sports // Collegiate
March 31st

Incarnate Word Men's Basketball has announced a home and home series with the Detroit Mercy Titans. Detroit Mercy will play at Incarnate Word in non conference play in 2018, and Incarnate Word will travel to Detroit in 2019. The two teams have never faced off before. Detroit Mercy (8-25 this past season) is a member of the Horizon League.

Newly appointed Incarnate Word head coach Dr. Carson Cunningham talked about the importance of the series. "Detroit has a historic program. It will be good for our team to play a quality opponent early in the season. We need to play teams outside the region and an agreement like this makes it possible."

Detroit is currently without a head coach, and it is believed they are recruiting for the position here in San Antonio this weekend. Athletic Director Robert Vowels talked to the San Antonio Express News this morning. "Look, to be honest with you guys, I've already made my decision. I just came down here for some good food and weather. Everyone knows I'm going to name Jermaine Jackson Sr. the next coach of the Titans. I forced him upon the last two head coaches and then sabotaged their careers. That's been my plan the entire time. Now I'm finally ready to execute the last step of my brilliant idea." When asked why he simply did not hire Jackson as head coach two years ago, Vowels had no answer.
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Re: Detroit Mercy inks Home and Home with Incarnate Word

Postby The-Dude » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:46 am

You should change your username to Keyboard Diarrhea.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 am

This is pretty sick!
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:12 am

Hahaha! Very good!
R.B.J1
Senior