Jackson Jr. going Pro

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Jackson Jr. going Pro

Postby The-Dude » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Per Det News Matt Charboneau, Jackson Jr. declares for NBA Draft:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... /33485117/
The-Dude
Senior

Re: Jackson Jr. going Pro

Postby NC Titan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:02 pm

ROFLMAO
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Dick Vitale » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:28 am

Looking forward to this discussion on this one. ;)
Dick Vitale
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 am

Should of posted this on April 1st. :lol:
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby udballer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:25 am

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this wouldn't be an awful decision? I don't keep tabs on the rulebook, but I thought you could only declare without hiring an agent once, or something like that? This would seem to be a poor choice of time to spend that one.
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:02 am

udballer wrote:Anyone have any thoughts as to why this wouldn't be an awful decision? I don't keep tabs on the rulebook, but I thought you could only declare without hiring an agent once, or something like that? This would seem to be a poor choice of time to spend that one.

Article said he is hiring an agent. I feel a very bad decision unless there is an underlying problem. Extremely talented player with all the tools but makes some very poor decisions. Another year or two would really help him. If TI is encouraging this decision he is giving this young man some very poor advice. Team will be really good without Bridges. Tillman was starting to come on at the end of the season but I feel he and Jackson are Quite different. I do not feel Jackson is ready for the NBA yet and could end up getting lost in the folds. This kind of move always makes me think of Cyrus Mann and how a couple of college years and a few pounds would have changed his life. Mann was a hardship case and I felt when I watched him at Southeastern he was one of the better high school players I watched. He gave Tyler fits. After Mann left Illinois State Will Robinson left the Redbirds.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Titan Andrew » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 am

The guy is a consensus Top-6 pick right now...I would question his decision if he decided to stay.
Titan Andrew
Senior

Postby udballer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:36 am

Good one. On vacation and never clicked the link. Yes, Jaren should go pro. Too much money to pass up.

I agree that he is not ready for the NBA, but that rarely seems to be the point anymore. It's more about the guaranteed money than actually having a career there.
udballer
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball