Andy Bronkema

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Andy Bronkema

Postby Titan Jim » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 am

Andy Bronkema's name came up in early discussions as a possible candidate for the UDM head coaching position. However, I haven't heard his name in quite a while now. Does anyone know what happened to him? Are we not interested in him and/or is he not interested in us? I just saw a short post online regarding the Ferris defensive strategy for winning the Division II national title.
Last edited by Titan Jim on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titan Jim
Senior

Re: Andy Bronkema

Postby titanmike » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:24 am

Titan Jim wrote:Andy Bronkema's name came up in early discussions as a possible candidate for the UDM head coaching position. However, I haven't heard his name in quite a while now. Does anyone know what happened to him? Are we not interested in him and/or is he not interested in us. I just saw a short post online regarding the Ferris defensive strategy for winning the Division II national title.

I have heard suggestions that he is waiting to see what happens with the MSU stuff.
titanmike
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:44 am

titanmike wrote:I have heard suggestions that he is waiting to see what happens with the MSU stuff.

As an assistant coach?
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm

JimmyChitwood wrote:
titanmike wrote:I have heard suggestions that he is waiting to see what happens with the MSU stuff.

As an assistant coach?

I am sure it is not as head coach. I hope we are not waiting for this guy. If it isn't a quick yes if our job was offered then Vowels needs to kick this guy to the curb. In fact if our guy doesn't start today we will have a lot larger problem than some anticipate.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:55 pm

There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 pm

The-Dude wrote:There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.

I would think that the MSU job is one of the top 10 jobs in college basketball. I am positive Bronkema is not considered in any circle that high. State can go out and get who ever they want including the guy at Villanova. Bronkema is probably waiting to see if Izzo is going to stick around so that he can get third chair and that is only if Izzo stays and we do not hire Stephens.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
The-Dude wrote:There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.

I would think that the MSU job is one of the top 10 jobs in college basketball. I am positive Bronkema is not considered in any circle that high. State can go out and get who ever they want including the guy at Villanova. Bronkema is probably waiting to see if Izzo is going to stick around so that he can get third chair and that is only if Izzo stays and we do not hire Stephens.

What guy at Villanova? Jay Wright? Based on recent history, it would seem that Villanova is one of the top 5 jobs in college basketball. If Izzo were forced out, they certainly wouldn't be getting Jay Wright. They wouldn't get Coach K either.
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 pm

udballer wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:

What guy at Villanova? Jay Wright? Based on recent history, it would seem that Villanova is one of the top 5 jobs in college basketball. If Izzo were forced out, they certainly wouldn't be getting Jay Wright. They wouldn't get Coach K either.

Yes Jay Wright. Izzo made $1,800,000 more than Wright last year. That will buy a lot of suits. Bronkema probably wouldn't have as good a chance as Kampe or even Bacari at getting the #1 seat at State. Bronkema might be an alright guy but I think he has 0 chance at the #1 chair at MSU.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Fair enough, though I'd be willing to bet that Michigan State equally has zero chance at ever getting Wright. So I guess I think the odds are about the same.
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 pm

udballer wrote:Fair enough, though I'd be willing to bet that Michigan State equally has zero chance at ever getting Wright. So I guess I think the odds are about the same.

You know what they say about the money doing the talking. Never forget that MSU has your tax dollars and Quicken Loans in the bank so if they want Wright they can buy him. If money means nothing to Jay then he truly is an honorable manbut if that is the case then why is he having Villanova pay 2.6 to keep him around. There is also more money for assistants. The budget difference is huge.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball