Page 1 of 1

Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 am
by Titan Jim
Andy Bronkema's name came up in early discussions as a possible candidate for the UDM head coaching position. However, I haven't heard his name in quite a while now. Does anyone know what happened to him? Are we not interested in him and/or is he not interested in us? I just saw a short post online regarding the Ferris defensive strategy for winning the Division II national title.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:24 am
by titanmike
Titan Jim wrote:Andy Bronkema's name came up in early discussions as a possible candidate for the UDM head coaching position. However, I haven't heard his name in quite a while now. Does anyone know what happened to him? Are we not interested in him and/or is he not interested in us. I just saw a short post online regarding the Ferris defensive strategy for winning the Division II national title.


I have heard suggestions that he is waiting to see what happens with the MSU stuff.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:44 am
by JimmyChitwood
titanmike wrote:I have heard suggestions that he is waiting to see what happens with the MSU stuff.

As an assistant coach?

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm
by upbasketballfan
JimmyChitwood wrote:
titanmike wrote:I have heard suggestions that he is waiting to see what happens with the MSU stuff.

As an assistant coach?


I am sure it is not as head coach. I hope we are not waiting for this guy. If it isn't a quick yes if our job was offered then Vowels needs to kick this guy to the curb. In fact if our guy doesn't start today we will have a lot larger problem than some anticipate.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:55 pm
by The-Dude
There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 pm
by upbasketballfan
The-Dude wrote:There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.


I would think that the MSU job is one of the top 10 jobs in college basketball. I am positive Bronkema is not considered in any circle that high. State can go out and get who ever they want including the guy at Villanova. Bronkema is probably waiting to see if Izzo is going to stick around so that he can get third chair and that is only if Izzo stays and we do not hire Stephens.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm
by udballer
upbasketballfan wrote:
The-Dude wrote:There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.


I would think that the MSU job is one of the top 10 jobs in college basketball. I am positive Bronkema is not considered in any circle that high. State can go out and get who ever they want including the guy at Villanova. Bronkema is probably waiting to see if Izzo is going to stick around so that he can get third chair and that is only if Izzo stays and we do not hire Stephens.


What guy at Villanova? Jay Wright? Based on recent history, it would seem that Villanova is one of the top 5 jobs in college basketball. If Izzo were forced out, they certainly wouldn't be getting Jay Wright. They wouldn't get Coach K either.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 pm
by upbasketballfan
udballer wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:
The-Dude wrote:There are some out there that think Izzo will eventually be forced out before next season. If this happens, then Bronkema would certainly be considered for the MSU head coaching job.


I would think that the MSU job is one of the top 10 jobs in college basketball. I am positive Bronkema is not considered in any circle that high. State can go out and get who ever they want including the guy at Villanova. Bronkema is probably waiting to see if Izzo is going to stick around so that he can get third chair and that is only if Izzo stays and we do not hire Stephens.


What guy at Villanova? Jay Wright? Based on recent history, it would seem that Villanova is one of the top 5 jobs in college basketball. If Izzo were forced out, they certainly wouldn't be getting Jay Wright. They wouldn't get Coach K either.


Yes Jay Wright. Izzo made $1,800,000 more than Wright last year. That will buy a lot of suits. Bronkema probably wouldn't have as good a chance as Kampe or even Bacari at getting the #1 seat at State. Bronkema might be an alright guy but I think he has 0 chance at the #1 chair at MSU.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 pm
by udballer
Fair enough, though I'd be willing to bet that Michigan State equally has zero chance at ever getting Wright. So I guess I think the odds are about the same.

Re: Andy Bronkema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 pm
by upbasketballfan
udballer wrote:Fair enough, though I'd be willing to bet that Michigan State equally has zero chance at ever getting Wright. So I guess I think the odds are about the same.


You know what they say about the money doing the talking. Never forget that MSU has your tax dollars and Quicken Loans in the bank so if they want Wright they can buy him. If money means nothing to Jay then he truly is an honorable manbut if that is the case then why is he having Villanova pay 2.6 to keep him around. There is also more money for assistants. The budget difference is huge.