This is BS/Frustrating

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

This is BS/Frustrating

Postby TitanONeill » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Not even a peep. What gives? How about some sort of communication saying we are still searching. Something. Anything. Tired of checking boards, doing Google searches, etc.
TitanONeill
Senior

Re: This is BS/Frustrating

Postby udballer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:42 pm

TitanONeill wrote:Not even a peep. What gives? How about some sort of communication saying we are still searching. Something. Anything. Tired of checking boards, doing Google searches, etc.

...and this guy could have already been in Calihan for the past month. ;)

http://nbc25news.com/sports/high-school/hometown-hoops/watch-new-grand-blanc-boys-coach-mike-thomas-micd-up

I truly hope our next coach comes in changes things on the defensive side of the ball. That will go a long way toward curing some of our ills.
udballer
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

BS/Frustrating is to learn that it took a mischievous troll on the other board prompting a Tony Paul CYA tweet finally to get the university to disclose that it will get around to reviewing the head coach candidates in the near future. Glad to see such a sense of urgency at my alma mater.

The Athletic Department can communicate the status of the coach search to its dwindling fan base in general terms without giving away the names of the applicants.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:40 pm

ptctitan wrote:BS/Frustrating is to learn that it took a mischievous troll on the other board prompting a Tony Paul CYA tweet finally to get the university to disclose that it will get around to reviewing the head coach candidates in the near future. Glad to see such a sense of urgency at my alma mater.

The Athletic Department can communicate the status of the coach search to its dwindling fan base in general terms without giving away the names of the applicants.

Ptc, I agree. The school needs to communicate better with its fans and the media if we are to gain attention both.
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 pm

ptctitan wrote:BS/Frustrating is to learn that it took a mischievous troll on the other board prompting a Tony Paul CYA tweet finally to get the university to disclose that it will get around to reviewing the head coach candidates in the near future. Glad to see such a sense of urgency at my alma mater.

I dont know if its insanity or incompetence, I would assume it is a combination of both, but Robert Vowels Jr. is handling this coaching search as if he is attempting to hire someone to man the parking gate at the six mile entrance. He is alienating the few fans that UofD still has.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 am

The longer it take the more it shows how badly this program is being managed. In my mind you should always have a list of coaches starting with the ones you want going down to the one you know you can get for ALL your programs. Once you know someone is going to leave or be fired you start going down that list. You take the highest person you can get on the list. Taking 30+ days to me shows you didn't even have a list or you don't know your own evaluation of your program is. I am not blaming one person on this because a program is run from the top down not from the bottom up. If you can't put the right people in your organization then you shouldn't be running the organization and that goes all the way up the chain to the top person/board at the University. The men's basketball program is the only athletic program that has the most upside/benefit to the University. If the people at the University don't believe that statement then they need to stop waste money and get rid of this program. It is unacceptable to the program, alumni, students, players and fans to not have a new head coach hired so late in the year when it was to your own will to fire the head coach. The point I am at with this University is that I did not sign up to go to the Spirit event because I can stomach supporting this university at this point. I don't even know if I am going to get season tickets next year. The only way I would renew everything for next year is if I support the new hire. If not I will wait until this program at least gets to 0.500 before I start getting behind it.

This is the last time I write on this board until we get a head coach. The statement above I would like to be taking not to be negative but to be an honest opinion of the way I feel of the program. I hope that the people running this program have as much passion as this board does to put this program back on track.

Bye,
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 am

Instead of us being frustrated maybe we should meet and pool all of our resources to remove the people who are hindering the University and causing our frustrations. Yes we are in better shape financially than in the past but seem to be falling further behind Catholic Universities that we consider our competition.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby 77-85Titan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:22 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:The longer it take the more it shows how badly this program is being managed. In my mind you should always have a list of coaches starting with the ones you want going down to the one you know you can get for ALL your programs. Once you know someone is going to leave or be fired you start going down that list. You take the highest person you can get on the list. Taking 30+ days to me shows you didn't even have a list or you don't know your own evaluation of your program is. I am not blaming one person on this because a program is run from the top down not from the bottom up. If you can't put the right people in your organization then you shouldn't be running the organization and that goes all the way up the chain to the top person/board at the University. The men's basketball program is the only athletic program that has the most upside/benefit to the University. If the people at the University don't believe that statement then they need to stop waste money and get rid of this program. It is unacceptable to the program, alumni, students, players and fans to not have a new head coach hired so late in the year when it was to your own will to fire the head coach. The point I am at with this University is that I did not sign up to go to the Spirit event because I can stomach supporting this university at this point. I don't even know if I am going to get season tickets next year. The only way I would renew everything for next year is if I support the new hire. If not I will wait until this program at least gets to 0.500 before I start getting behind it.

This is the last time I write on this board until we get a head coach. The statement above I would like to be taking not to be negative but to be an honest opinion of the way I feel of the program. I hope that the people running this program have as much passion as this board does to put this program back on track.

Bye,

....and JDT drops the microphone....

There's no more to add. Post of the year.
77-85Titan
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:33 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:The longer it take the more it shows how badly this program is being managed. In my mind you should always have a list of coaches starting with the ones you want going down to the one you know you can get for ALL your programs. Once you know someone is going to leave or be fired you start going down that list. You take the highest person you can get on the list. Taking 30+ days to me shows you didn't even have a list or you don't know your own evaluation of your program is. I am not blaming one person on this because a program is run from the top down not from the bottom up. If you can't put the right people in your organization then you shouldn't be running the organization and that goes all the way up the chain to the top person/board at the University. The men's basketball program is the only athletic program that has the most upside/benefit to the University. If the people at the University don't believe that statement then they need to stop waste money and get rid of this program. It is unacceptable to the program, alumni, students, players and fans to not have a new head coach hired so late in the year when it was to your own will to fire the head coach. The point I am at with this University is that I did not sign up to go to the Spirit event because I can stomach supporting this university at this point. I don't even know if I am going to get season tickets next year. The only way I would renew everything for next year is if I support the new hire. If not I will wait until this program at least gets to 0.500 before I start getting behind it.

Bye,

From Coaching Changes: “We are getting plenty of tips from people that U of D has panic...... and now are rekindling relationship with Jermaine Jackson.........look for him to get job...... we really don't know what to say!”

You had me back when Mike Davis was "coming" but now it appears I will be taking my talent$ to another University because it is pretty clear what is wrong with the Athletic Department. I was hoping my gut was wrong and everything was going to work out.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Don’t listen to anything CoachingChanges says.
Titans03
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Titans03 wrote:Don’t listen to anything CoachingChanges says.

If this isn't corrected before the beginning of the season I am out
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:36 pm

My opinion and only opinion is that JJ crew is putting this crap out, stirring the pot.
titanmike
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 pm

We need to just let the final step in the process play itself out. I realize patience is a lot to ask after we have been jerked around for the past months, but I believe everything is very close at this point.
HSScout1
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:34 pm

titanmike wrote:My opinion and only opinion is that JJ crew is putting this crap out, stirring the pot.

+1
Titans03
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:45 pm

titanmike wrote:My opinion and only opinion is that JJ crew is putting this crap out, stirring the pot.

Well, I guess JJ is a winner and winners win... and all that other stuff. Apparently, he may still be trying to win this one to the detriment of our University's basketball program. If there were any validity to this Coaching Changes statement at all, it would be very disheartening. I stated a couple months back (roughly around the midpoint of this coaching search) that the only selection(s) for head coach that I will not support are those who were members of BA's staff.

Welcome to Detroit Mercy, Coach Davis. Looking forward to seeing you work the sidelines. ;)
udballer
Senior

Postby cedar1973 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:00 pm

I just had a crazy thought it is a little out of the box but here goes it.
Could be that it is taking to long that Vowels is resigning and Davis will become Head Coach and Ad
Or that Davis will be the new Ad and we are still looking for a new coach.
I told you it was out of the box
cedar1973
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:33 pm

That would definitely be outside of the box. I'd not rule out anything at this point. However, I hope that we aren't compounding our mistakes by offering the AD position to a head basketball coach. And... IF that were to happen, I'm pretty sure he'd simply name his son as head coach of the basketball program so the timeline wouldn't be extended much.
udballer
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball