Tony Barbee-Kentucky Assistant

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Tony Barbee-Kentucky Assistant

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm

The longer this takes, the higher the probability is that the Interim Coach will be still "the Coach" next season. Unless they let JJ go, he is still the easiest solution for the administration. I can see the press release saying that it was too late to hire a new coach and JJ knows the team, so they will let JJ run the team in 2018-2019 and review the situation at the end of the year. Not a result that I want to see, but the chances of this happening get greater by the day.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:23 pm

StJoeUofD wrote:The longer this takes, the higher the probability is that the Interim Coach will be still "the Coach" next season. Unless they let JJ go, he is still the easiest solution for the administration. I can see the press release saying that it was too late to hire a new coach and JJ knows the team, so they will let JJ run the team in 2018-2019 and review the situation at the end of the year. Not a result that I want to see, but the chances of this happening get greater by the day.

From the bits and pieces of information I’ve heard, I would say JJ and UDM’s relationship has been severed due to “irreconcilable differences.” I don’t believe JJ has even been on campus for the last month, so I would be shocked if he’s the pick going forward.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm

I think Rogo is correct.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Titan Jim » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 pm

How sad is it, that we may have devolved to this point?
Titan Jim
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:53 pm

Sad, maybe.

But at this point it's best to start clean. There are plenty of quality coaches with character out there. We just have to find the right one and start over.
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby Titan Jim » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:Sad, maybe.

But at this point it's best to start clean. There are plenty of quality coaches with character out there. We just have to find the right one and start over.

I very much agree.
Titan Jim
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball