Fire Vowels please

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Fire Vowels please

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:57 pm

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP.

PLEASE RESIGN VOWELS. YOU ARE IN WAY OVER YOUR HEAD.
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP.

PLEASE RESIGN VOWELS. YOU ARE IN WAY OVER YOUR HEAD.

He is running the athletic department as if it's a middle school physical education department. I dont think he realizes that there are deadlines that need to be met and that certain things must be done to appease the fan base and alumni. Or maybe he just doesn't give a f#@k.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri May 11, 2018 5:44 pm

I'm not a big conspiracy or Info Wars guy but I'm beginning to think Vowels is an OU agent. Ever since he got here we have been doing worse and worse against them. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen Vowels and Kampe in the same room at the same time. Hmmm.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby TitanONeill » Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Withhold support until change happens. This is beyond craziness. Absurd.
TitanONeill
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm

TitanONeill wrote:Withhold support until change happens. This is beyond craziness. Absurd.

+1,000,000
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 am

If he hires D-II as HC, then he needs to be dismissed ASAP.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 am

Hoopster_Now_In_DC wrote:If he hires D-II as HC, then he needs to be dismissed ASAP.

What are you talking about?
Titans03
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 am

Titans03 wrote:
Hoopster_Now_In_DC wrote:If he hires D-II as HC, then he needs to be dismissed ASAP.

What are you talking about?

At this point he needs to be broomed even if he hires Coach K. Garibaldi hired Vowels because of his NCAA background. Please tell me how that translates to running an Athletic Dept.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby DetroitBASKETBALL » Sat May 12, 2018 10:34 am

DII is that a rapper I haven't heard of yet or are you talking about the below?\

D12, an initialism for The Dirty Dozen, is an American hip hop supergroup from Detroit, Michigan. D12 has had chart-topping albums in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia.[3] D12 was formed in 1995, and achieved mainstream success after Eminem rose to international fame.[4] The original lineup consisted of the members and their alter egos; this is where Eminem's Slim Shady persona originated. D12 released the album Devil's Night in 2001 and D12 World in 2004, spawning numerous hits such as "Fight Music", "Purple Pills", "My Band", "How Come" and "S*** on You" throughout that period. Since 2006, Eminem's hiatus and the death of Proof resulted in them being less active in subsequent years.
DetroitBASKETBALL
Junior

Postby The-Dude » Sat May 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Bump. :(
The-Dude
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 am

I had a dream that Bob Vowels resigned and a small parade ensued on Livernoize. Nicky’s Coney was giving away free chili fries.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby ExcitedTitan » Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 am

The-Dude wrote:I had a dream that Bob Vowels resigned and a small parade ensued on Livernoize. Nicky’s Coney was giving away free chili fries.

May all your dreams come!
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 am

ExcitedTitan wrote:
The-Dude wrote:I had a dream that Bob Vowels resigned and a small parade ensued on Livernoize. Nicky’s Coney was giving away free chili fries.

May all your dreams come!

Just for the free chili fries alone.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Tacitus651
Senior

Postby ExcitedTitan » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

From Vowels bio:
Now entering his fourth year in Titan Territory, he is responsible for the total rebranding of the athletic department and has led efforts to upgrade a number of facilities, purchase a new state-of-the art scoreboard for Calihan Hall, add a new academic center, increase fan experience and community engagement. The Titans have also added a mission and vision creed, which focuses on being the best academically and athletically.

Vowels has developed a five-year strategic plan with overall goals to:

Increase resources and revenue
Build a unified brand
Invest in the leadership and personal development of the athletic department
Develop a culture of inclusion and respect
Improve organizational clarity and structure
Engage the community
Create a total fan experience
Win
Invigorate alumni and boosters

He's got a lot of work to do in his last year of his 5 year plan. Maybe he has been sandbagging and will come on strong next year. Maybe he is just pacing himself and sprint to the finish line. Maybe he will quit.

Prior to his hiring at Detroit Mercy, Vowels served as the NCAA Vice President of Membership and Student-Athlete Affairs. Possessing more than 27 years of intercollegiate athletics experience, Vowels was the Vice President of Membership and Student-Athlete Affairs at the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association), where he oversaw educational programs designed to improve student-athlete wellbeing, leadership development and inclusion. At the NCAA, he led a department of 26 NCAA staff members and oversaw a budget of $17 million.

Prior to the position at the NCAA, Vowels served as the Commissioner of two intercollegiate athletic conferences at Division I (Southwestern Athletic Conference) and Division II (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) programs. Some of the accomplishments during his years as a Conference Commissioner included league expansion and television packages. He also worked as an Associate Commissioner at the Big Ten Conference and Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance at Vanderbilt University.

While at the SWAC, Vowels revised the conference's strategic plan, compliance programs, championships and corporate alliance programs to make them more efficient and effective. In 2004-05 he also negotiated a multi-year media agreement with ESPN/ESPNU on behalf of the SWAC. He worked with ESPN and the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) to develop the concept of the initial MEAC-SWAC Challenge.

During his time at SIAC, Vowels oversaw the expansion of the conference to 11 institutions and negotiated the first multi-year SIAC football and basketball television agreement with Urban Sports and Entertainment. He also negotiated the league's first licensing and agreement program and developed the conference's first corporate partnership program.

You will notice he has no experience in hiring coaches. The only Athletic Department experience at a university I see is as a Director of Compliance at Vanderbilt. With that said, when I looked his resume when he was hired I thought it was decent. Now I see he lacked experience in the day-to-day operations of an athletic department.
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Wed May 16, 2018 2:16 pm

This IS the last year of his 5 year plan, Excited. Any coming on strong he's going to do better occur within the next 50 days, give or take. Matter of fact, there are not legions but dozens of fans who want news on the coaching hire yesterday.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Does his contract run out soon?
Titans03
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Another day and still nothing?! No communication? I'm having trouble understanding how someome could be this bad at their job. I know Vowels played college football. Has anyone scanned that dude for CTE? IJS.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed May 16, 2018 5:15 pm

dennycrane wrote:This IS the last year of his 5 year plan, Excited.

So his bio on detroittitans.com is outdated. I’m shocked. That’s incompetence. He should be fired for it. (Just trying to take a different angle here)
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 am

ExcitedTitan wrote:From Vowels bio:
Now entering his fourth year in Titan Territory, he is responsible for the total rebranding of the athletic department and has led efforts to upgrade a number of facilities, purchase a new state-of-the art scoreboard for Calihan Hall, add a new academic center, increase fan experience and community engagement. The Titans have also added a mission and vision creed, which focuses on being the best academically and athletically.

Vowels has developed a five-year strategic plan with overall goals to:

Increase resources and revenue
Build a unified brand
Invest in the leadership and personal development of the athletic department
Develop a culture of inclusion and respect
Improve organizational clarity and structure
Engage the community
Create a total fan experience
Win
Invigorate alumni and boosters

This has to be a joke! The above looks more like a list of what he is trying not to do. He has driven away resources and revenue. He has confused the brand. There does not seem to be inclusion or respect and we can see there is not organizational clarity. The fan experience is lousy and he is driving away fans and boosters. I would like to know Garibaldi's reasons for this hire.
upbasketballfan
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball