Bronkema

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:Keep in mind that in the absence of good communication, rumors (often inaccurate) fill the vacuum.

The latest from Coaching Changes now says Bronk not coming. “Welp! Detroit Mercy thought they had their guy Andy Bronkema.......rumor has it that he turned it down (I was suprised he was considering it) Vowels has to be looking like this...... he can't miss anymore....... got to talk to people he knows will take the job. SMH #circus”

great!:((((
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri May 11, 2018 5:44 pm

DetroitBASKETBALL wrote: Haha, it makes it hard to take anything you say UP seriously. We would have been a better team without a McDonalds All American, that went in the second round, got us a Horizon League Championship, yeah bud I think anything you say it this point is irrelevant from a basketball standpoint.


In Ray's Sophmore season he led the team in scoring and minutes played. He was tied for 4th in FT% and 7th on the team in 3pt.%. In his Jr. season he again led the team in scoring and minutes played,was 8th on the team in FT% and 6th on the team in 3pt.% only beating Doug Anderson .323 to .321. Yet when the game was on the line or we were shooting a technical the ball was in Ray's hands. So at the time it sure looked to me like he and his dad were putting Ray first and U-D second.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby udballer » Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Time for Michael Thomas. This is getting ridiculous.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri May 11, 2018 6:23 pm

udballer wrote:Time for Michael Thomas. This is getting ridiculous.


Can he be the AD also? I am ordering my FIRE VOWELS cap and sweatshirt in red so I can wear it to the games.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri May 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:If the preliminary reports are true that Bronkema is the pick, perhaps the only thing remaining before an official announcement can be made is completion of the pre-employment background check. My understanding is that the one generally used by the University is somewhat basic (includes standard database criminal check, verification of employment and educational credentials, etc.), but can take a couple of days. Perhaps that gets wrapped up today or soon and there can be a press conference early next week, ideally Monday. I believe next Wednesday is the last day for D1 schools to sign recruits to LOIs, so the sooner the better.


I would think the pre-employment background check would be done on the final two or three candidates before a decision is made. Sounds a little A_ _ backwards to check after you have made the decision. The background should be a part of the decision.If you wait you could be loosing candidates and time.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Coaching Changes must just be a huge troll. How do you get good enough info to tweet out where a coach is going, than 15 hours later rescind that completely?
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Titans03 wrote:Coaching Changes must just be a huge troll. How do you get good enough info to tweet out where a coach is going, than 15 hours later rescind that completely?


This sure looks like a lot of guys with no where to go on a Friday night. We are an hour behind Detroit so I am going out for one of those famous UP fish frys, right Baller? The rest of you guys just missed supper.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 pm

If the job was offered and Bronkema didn't take it he made a huge career mistake. Maybe living in the Merto Area is to unlike McBain. He could have hired his brother out of Grand Rapids CC, probably tripled his and his brothers income at dear old Nepotisim U. My guess is Bronk wasn't offered.
Last edited by upbasketballfan on Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Until I hear otherwise, I think Bronk still has to be the favorite. There has just been too many whispers, and Coaching Changes has been wrong plenty of times when it comes to our coaching search.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Take it or leave it, but Bronk has not liked or RT’ed anything that has to do w/ Ferris State for a week now. He is usually very active on that front.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby The-Dude » Fri May 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Last I heard, Bronk was to be announced Monday. Also that JJ Jr. (Sr. Is out) was definitely staying.
The-Dude
Senior
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:27 am

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm

The-Dude wrote:Last I heard, Bronk was to be announced Monday. Also that JJ Jr. (Sr. Is out) was definitely staying.

So I guess we’ll have to wait until Monday then. And I think it’s been clear for a few weeks that JJ Jr. is staying. Whoever said a few days ago that there was less than 1% chance of him coming back didn’t know what he was talking about at all.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby udballer » Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
Titans03 wrote:Coaching Changes must just be a huge troll. How do you get good enough info to tweet out where a coach is going, than 15 hours later rescind that completely?


This sure looks like a lot of guys with no where to go on a Friday night. We are an hour behind Detroit so I am going out for one of those famous UP fish frys, right Baller? The rest of you guys just missed supper.


Sounds like an excellent plan to me. I'm actually itching for June to come around so I can get up there and eat my weight in perch. :)
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby udballer » Fri May 11, 2018 8:40 pm

udballer wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:
Titans03 wrote:Coaching Changes must just be a huge troll. How do you get good enough info to tweet out where a coach is going, than 15 hours later rescind that completely?


This sure looks like a lot of guys with no where to go on a Friday night. We are an hour behind Detroit so I am going out for one of those famous UP fish frys, right Baller? The rest of you guys just missed supper.


Sounds like an excellent plan to me. I'm actually itching for June to come around so I can get up there and eat my weight in perch. :)


Not too familiar with the food in your neck of the woods though. Is the Blind Duck Inn still open? :)
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Titans03 wrote:
The-Dude wrote:Last I heard, Bronk was to be announced Monday. Also that JJ Jr. (Sr. Is out) was definitely staying.

So I guess we’ll have to wait until Monday then. And I think it’s been clear for a few weeks that JJ Jr. is staying. Whoever said a few days ago that there was less than 1% chance of him coming back didn’t know what he was talking about at all.

That was me. We’ll see. I think the break with JJsr (and thus JJjr) is somewhat tense and irreversible.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:28 pm

You are right it will be an awkward dynamic.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Titans03 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 pm

And I would also assume that Tariiq Jones will be back as well. And at this point that’s a great thing. We need bodies.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby NC Titan » Fri May 11, 2018 10:28 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:If the preliminary reports are true that Bronkema is the pick, perhaps the only thing remaining before an official announcement can be made is completion of the pre-employment background check. My understanding is that the one generally used by the University is somewhat basic (includes standard database criminal check, verification of employment and educational credentials, etc.), but can take a couple of days. Perhaps that gets wrapped up today or soon and there can be a press conference early next week, ideally Monday. I believe next Wednesday is the last day for D1 schools to sign recruits to LOIs, so the sooner the better.


I would think the pre-employment background check would be done on the final two or three candidates before a decision is made. Sounds a little A_ _ backwards to check after you have made the decision. The background should be a part of the decision.If you wait you could be loosing candidates and time.


At the major corporation I work for background checks are almost the final step in the process. Among other things, you need permission from the prospect before you can do the due diligence.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm

NC Titan wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:If the preliminary reports are true that Bronkema is the pick, perhaps the only thing remaining before an official announcement can be made is completion of the pre-employment background check. My understanding is that the one generally used by the University is somewhat basic (includes standard database criminal check, verification of employment and educational credentials, etc.), but can take a couple of days. Perhaps that gets wrapped up today or soon and there can be a press conference early next week, ideally Monday. I believe next Wednesday is the last day for D1 schools to sign recruits to LOIs, so the sooner the better.


I would think the pre-employment background check would be done on the final two or three candidates before a decision is made. Sounds a little A_ _ backwards to check after you have made the decision. The background should be a part of the decision.If you wait you could be loosing candidates and time.


At the major corporation I work for background checks are almost the final step in the process. Among other things, you need permission from the prospect before you can do the due diligence.

Without going into too much detail, there are is a legal rationale for keeping the background investigation separate from selection process (and for waiting to run a criminal check). You can (and should) do reference checks in advance of selection decision, but there are liability risks if you run a criminal check on someone at an earlier stage and they don’t get selected. There is a need to have different persons responsible for the hiring decision and suitabity determination. There are also privacy considerations involved (e.g., you wouldn’t want to have say ten people on a selection committee given access to sensitive information that might not have direct relationship to bonafide selection factors). I worked in HR field for 30+ years and familiar with the standard protocol.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Bronkema

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 am

Rogo is spot on.
StJoeUofD
Senior
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron