Bacari is class act

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Bacari is class act

Postby TitanONeill » Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Per his Twitter:
Heartfelt congrats to all of my former players who earned a very distinguished degree from Detroit Mercy. #ForeverTitans #DegreeHolders #StudentsFirst

He will always be one of my favorite Titan players.
TitanONeill
Senior

Re: Bacari is class act

Postby Titans96 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Bacari is a class act, but he got screwed by Vowels and JJSr.

Bacari was not close to being the best coach available when he was hired, but he did have a giant weight around his neck in JJSr. Vowels is a complete moron for forcing JJSr on Ray, and Ray is surely regretting his decision not to push back on Vowels. Bacari knew that Vowels made JJSr a requirement of Bacari taking the job. Bacari didn't learn a lesson from Ray’s downfall. Bacari may be a nice guy, but he let Vowels lead him down the path to his destruction.

Now Vowels still hasn't learned his lesson and JJSr continues to drag the program into the abyss. The sooner we get rid of Vowels and JJSr, the sooner the program can advance. Until Vowels and JJSr are gone, we will continue to have prospective coaches turn us down and we will move from D1 to D3. It’s amazing how low Vowels has driven the program into the bottom of D1.
Titans96
Senior

Postby titanmike » Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 am

I will say it over and over again as apparently I have to. Agree Vowels maybe influenced a Bacari decision to have JJSr on staff, but Bacari made the decision on his own.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:43 am

I didn't say Bacari didn’t make his own decision about keeping JJSr. I will say it over and over again as apparently I have to.

Vowels forced JJSr on Ray. Vowels allowed Bacari to make his own decision on JJSr, but he let Bacari clearly know that keeping JJSr was something Bacari should strongly consider. We all know what that means.

Now Vowels is still letting prospective coaches know that JJSr is someone they should strongly consider hiring for their staff.

Any coach of any value will never take the job if JJSr is on the staff or in the organzation. They know how much damage he does to a team and want nothing to do with him. The coaching community is a tight knit community and they all know what a liability JJSr and Vowels are. They also know what happened to Ray, and they won't overlook how Vowels and JJSr took Ray down.
Titans96
Senior

Postby titanmike » Sun May 13, 2018 10:57 pm

“Bacari knew that Vowels made JJSr a requirement of Bacari taking the job. Bacari didn't learn a lesson from Ray’s downfall. Bacari may be ” poor wording
titanmike
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 am

Titans96 wrote:Now Vowels is still letting prospective coaches know that JJSr is someone they should strongly consider hiring for their staff.

Do you know that or do you assume that or do you guess that? Because it's not what I've heard from authoritative sources.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Mon May 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Three men's bball players listed among the new grads:

DeShawndre Black - Men's Basketball
Kameron Chatman - Men's Basketball
Isaiah Jones - Men's Basketball
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm

NC Titan wrote:Three men's bball players listed among the new grads:

Which means Cam could transfer anywhere and be immediately eligible to play next season.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmike » Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 am

Rogobob77 wrote:
NC Titan wrote:Three men's bball players listed among the new grads:

Which means Cam could transfer anywhere and be immediately eligible to play next season.

I would be shocked if Cam were to come back. Curious about the list is that I see no Jaleel Hogan on it.
titanmike
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball