This is Going To Happen! Mike Davis to be new Titan coach!!

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

This is Going To Happen! Mike Davis to be new Titan coach!!

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:13 pm

I’m positive Mike Davis will be announced as our new coach soon. Trust me.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Re: This is Going To Happen! Mike Davis to be new Titan coa

Postby cedar1973 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:36 pm

WHY!!!!
cedar1973
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 am

At this point who cares when the new coach is hired or who he/she is!

Vowels is an incompetent AD who completely ruined the Titan basketball program for years to come. He has to be the worst AD in the country, maybe the history of the NCAA. The program has gone from a top 150 program to a 350 program in his time at UofD.

It’s even more amazing that the Board has allowed him to continue doing the damage that he is doing. Why on earth would any quality coach choose to work for Vowels? If it is Mike Davis, you have to question why he would ever want to work for an incompetent fool like Vowels.
Titans96
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 am

Titans96 wrote:Why on earth would any quality coach choose to work for Vowels? If it is Mike Davis, you have to question why he would ever want to work for an incompetent fool like Vowels.

Because the university's men's basketball budget is 70% higher than Texas Southern's. Because the primary reason for the on-court failure of men's basketball in the past two years was the hiring decisions made by Vowels. That Vowels recognized those failures and has moved to correct them. And since this is only a two-year problem, if I am a good coach like Mike Davis who overcame NCAA probation and other academic sanctions at TSU, then overcoming two years of bad coaching is not that difficult. Therefore, if I will get paid more and have a bigger budget than my prior coaching gig, then working at U-D is pretty good. After all, the presence of Vowels has not been a total impediment to on-field success in several minor sports. And, if I am given a multi-year contract, then that gives me financial stability even if the university decides to replace Vowels or Vowels himself decides to leave.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby cedar1973 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am

Who ever the coach is Mike Davis or someone else UD basketball will NOT get better until Vowels is gone.
The board MUST get rid of the cancer that is Vowels or we are back to square one.
cedar1973
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

Titans96 wrote:At this point who cares when the new coach is hired or who he/she is!

I care.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 am

NC Titan wrote:
Titans96 wrote:At this point who cares when the new coach is hired or who he/she is!

I care.

Titans96 cares, too, which is why he posted. At a minimum, he cares passionately that it not be the hated JJ, who stole his girl back in the spring of '96.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball