Roster 2018-2019

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Roster 2018-2019

Postby DetroitBASKETBALL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 am

So what does our roster look like?

McFolly
Long
Blackshear
Antoine Davis
Tariq Jones
JJJ?
DetroitBASKETBALL
Senior

Re: Roster 2018-2019

Postby titanmike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 am

Tariq Jones is not currently eligible
titanmike
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 am

McFolley
Blackshear
Long
Ballantyne
JJJ
Eichler

T. Jones could regain eligibility in a manner similar to Hogan last year.

We have 6 open scholarship spots. Certainly Antoine Davis could fill one of them.

There were 4 walk-on's last year: 1) Carter; 2) Joubert; 3) Ollie; and, 4) Gjysma.

Lots of opportunity for immediate playing time for newcomers.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am

Trae Jefferson has retweeted multiple tweets about possibly joining his coach in Detroit, although it should be noted that 1.) he said TxSU is still his no. 1 option
2.) he seems to be retweeting anything to get people talking (like us on this message board)
Titans03
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 am

ptctitan wrote:McFolley
Blackshear
Long
Ballantyne
JJJ
Eichler

T. Jones could regain eligibility in a manner similar to Hogan last year.

We have 6 open scholarship spots. Certainly Antoine Davis could fill one of them.

There were 4 walk-on's last year: 1) Carter; 2) Joubert; 3) Ollie; and, 4) Gjysma.

Lots of opportunity for immediate playing time for newcomers.

I know Davis will do what is best for the program but if I were the coach I would not want someone that undependable and fragile on my team. I realize BA lost respect which is what your players play for but Jones has already shown he puts himself first and his team and teammates second. So if he does gain eligibility, how much can he be counted on? Montrose Christian school,Mt. Clemens,Ranger College,Schoolcraft, University of Detroit and eligibility issues all in less than 4 yrs.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:38 pm

With today’s news reporting addition of Antoine Davis and presumed parting of the ways with Jermaine Jackson Jr., the roster for the coming season has just six scholarship players as we enter summer. That means Coach Davis has a minimum of seven scholarships to offer, and that number of course could increase if there are additional departures. He’ll be a busy man these next few weeks evaluating talent and talking with guys still unsigned. UDM will have the luxury of recruiting two or maybe three transfers to the program who can be on scholarship as they sit out a year. Should be a real interesting next few weeks.

As I previously posted, never thought JJj would remain a Titan once it became clear that his dad wasn’t going to be continued on the MBB staff in some capacity.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:59 pm

If JJJ leaves, then we will be down to 5 scholarship players. I do not think that T. Jones regained eligibility. He has removed UDM basketball from his Twitter bio.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 pm

ptctitan wrote:If JJJ leaves, then we will be down to 5 scholarship players. I do not think that T. Jones regained eligibility. He has removed UDM basketball from his Twitter bio.

I am sure coach Davis could probably convince at least one of these guys to make their way to the motor city. Perry Farrell quoted coach Davis as stating that his phone has been ringing off the hook with recommendations for possible recruits.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-1 ... nbrownn1yh

http://athletics.sheltonstate.edu/sport ... -quan_uh4u
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby titandave » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:24 pm

It will be interesting to see if Mike Davis pursues adding Jesse Barnes and BJ Simmons to the roster. The verbal commits web site indicates that both student-athletes were offered scholarships by the previous UDM coaching staff.
titandave
Senior

Postby udballer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:02 am

titandave wrote:It will be interesting to see if Mike Davis pursues adding Jesse Barnes and BJ Simmons to the roster. The verbal commits web site indicates that both student-athletes were offered scholarships by the previous UDM coaching staff.

In all honesty, even this late in the recruiting process I'm hoping that Davis either gets more impressive guys than that... or pockets the scholarships. The previous coaching staff was less than impressive on the recruiting front.
udballer
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:31 am

udballer wrote:
titandave wrote:It will be interesting to see if Mike Davis pursues adding Jesse Barnes and BJ Simmons to the roster. The verbal commits web site indicates that both student-athletes were offered scholarships by the previous UDM coaching staff.

In all honesty, even this late in the recruiting process I'm hoping that Davis either gets more impressive guys than that... or pockets the scholarships. The previous coaching staff was less than impressive on the recruiting front.

Jackson Sr.,Chatman and Kahler are right down there with Mance and Mondro as the worst set of recruiters that I've seen at UofD in my 35+ years as a fan.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:52 am

udballer wrote:

I haven't watched Simmons in person but in his tapes he was a pretty nice player. I feel Nelson was a good recruit. I watched him in person. The Pickerington area has a lot of very good players.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titandave » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:31 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:I haven't watched Simmons in person but in his tapes he was a pretty nice player. I feel Nelson was a good recruit. I watched him in person. The Pickerington area has a lot of very good players.

Wondering if Mike Davis will reach out to Adrian Nelson and ask him to re-consider UDM. I assume that type of conversation would be within the rules since Nelson has only verbally committed to Northern Kentucky.
titandave
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:28 pm

titandave wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:I haven't watched Simmons in person but in his tapes he was a pretty nice player. I feel Nelson was a good recruit. I watched him in person. The Pickerington area has a lot of very good players.

Wondering if Mike Davis will reach out to Adrian Nelson and ask him to re-consider UDM. I assume that type of conversation would be within the rules since Nelson has only verbally committed to Northern Kentucky.

Who knows how much of Nelson's and Hightower's decisions were because of their relationships with the coaches who are now gone? I'd expect it is more likely that TxSO recruits will follow Davis and his staff than Bacari's recruits will re-reconsider and come to UDM. (Although Hightower is going to Presbyterian, which is quite a few rungs lower than UDM.) I am more hopeful that recruits who were turned off by Bacari (for whatever reason) or his coaches will consider UDM now that Davis is coach.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:32 pm

My recollection is that Nelson announced his decision to attend NKU before the the end of the spring signing period, assume he signed a new LOI.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:00 am

I wonder if Davis will bring in any other incoming TxSU freshman (besides Antoine), and/or some JUCO's that signed there.
Titans03
Senior

Postby titandave » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Assuming Antoine Davis and Tra'Quan Knight can qualify for admission to UDM and with Josh McFolley electing to finish his college career as a Titan .... we have the makings of a solid backcourt. Next; we need to add a couple of power forwards ... a graduate transfer plus Greg Eboigbodin would be nice. :)
titandave
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 pm

It would be nice if Davis could pull either Lat Mayen (I like this guy), Angus McWilliam or/and Kevin Samuel from TCU. We could really use the size. Right now this team looks like a bunch of guards. The only F or F/C are Long, Eichler, Ballantyne, Blackshear and Gjysma (5 guys for 3 positions). I hope Davis can work some of his magic and get some solid F recruits that can play next year.

Lat Mayen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp9xKTyoemA
I don't know how good is competition is but for a 6'8" guy he can drive the lane.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:30 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:It would be nice if Davis could pull either Lat Mayen (I like this guy), Angus McWilliam or/and Kevin Samuel from TCU. We could really use the size. Right now this team looks like a bunch of guards. The only F or F/C are Long, Eichler, Ballantyne, Blackshear and Gjysma (5 guys for 3 positions). I hope Davis can work some of his magic and get some solid F recruits that can play next year.

Lat Mayen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp9xKTyoemA
I don't know how good is competition is but for a 6'8" guy he can drive the lane.

I don't get this post. I mean, of course it would be nice. But these guys play for TCU, almost 300 miles from South Texas, where Davis was coach. Mayen and Samuel are enrolled at TCU and McWilliams has a signed LOI. None of them appear to have had offers from SoTex coming out of high school, so I doubt Davis was a close runner up for their services. Is there a particular reason for citing these three, who are really--like really really--unlikely to suddenly up and come to Detroit, as opposed to, say, Wisconsin's Taylor Currie or some other name drawn at random?

I agree with the general sentiment--we need some size.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby titandave » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Commissioner wrote:I agree with the general sentiment--we need some size.

What are your thoughts on Jesse Barnes?
titandave
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball