Page 10 of 12

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 am
by ptctitan
DetroitBASKETBALL wrote:Malik Eichler looked good shooting around Calihan today!


This would be a good thing. I hope that Blackshear is also here.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:16 am
by Titans03
Eichler is gone. No doubt about that.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:35 am
by ptctitan
Titans03 wrote:Eichler is gone. No doubt about that.


He may be gone, but he had not left the building as of yesterday ... according to DetroitBASKETBALL. ;)

When he is spotted working at a Burger King in Kalamazoo, then we will know that he has left the building. :D

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am
by NC Titan
ptctitan wrote:
Unconfirmed Returnees
Blackshear F/C
Eichler F/C


Why is Blackshear unconfirmed? I don't recall anything about him leaving the program.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 am
by ptctitan
NC Titan wrote:
ptctitan wrote:
Unconfirmed Returnees
Blackshear F/C
Eichler F/C


Why is Blackshear unconfirmed? I don't recall anything about him leaving the program.


Because there is no information confirming that he has returned. I'm assuming that he is returning, but nothing confirmed ... yet. I view Josh and Cole as confirmed because the university and the HL used their photos in yesterday's press releases about the HL schedule and because Josh's mother responded in comments to a Free Press article stating that Josh was staying.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 am
by Titan Andrew
I saw Malik shooting around 5:45 yesterday evening. Would seem odd if he was using our facilities and not staying.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:32 am
by Titans03
I was told from a quality source that he was transferring to Madonna. My apologies if that ends up being false information. Maybe he had a change of heart. We will see.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:00 pm
by titanmac
i too would welcome his return ptc. he is athletic and has provided quality minutes gametime. hopefully he will stay and perhaps get coached up by davis & company. would be nice, if its in the cards. can't see the upside in his going to madonna. cant believe there's not any d1 program interested, or a high d2 like ferris?

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:33 pm
by Titans03
Mailk Eichler is gone, and was NOT at Calihan yesterday shooting around. My original post about him attending Madonna this year still stands.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:55 pm
by Tacitus651
Gosh, who would have thought a year ago that we’d be here fighting about whether or not we were retaining Eichler or losing him to Madonna? And that the answer to the question would be relatively pivotal for the team?

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm
by NC Titan
Titans03 wrote:Mailk Eichler is gone, and was NOT at Calihan yesterday shooting around. My original post about him attending Madonna this year still stands.


Not arguing either way because I'm not there, but is there another 7-footer shooting hoops at Calihan?

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 pm
by Titans03
Funny you say that...

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:49 pm
by ptctitan
Titans03 wrote:Funny you say that...


Is he left-handed? :) :o :? :P

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:59 am
by ptctitan
I believe that Eichler will play on Madonna's team. Only 3 players from last year's roster return.

Juam Parilla, Jr. has Bass Ollie's #20, I believe.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:55 am
by Titans03
Four players from last year’s roster will be returning.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:07 pm
by ptctitan
Titans03 wrote:Four players from last year’s roster will be returning.


Were any of the 4 walk-on's last season?

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:22 pm
by R.B.J1
Titans03 wrote:Funny you say that...


Will we have a surprise addition to the roster?

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:24 pm
by 1975SHjoe
FWIW The Madonna University web site does not list Malik on its MBB 2018/19 roster

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:09 pm
by Tacitus651
Seems like Madonna is just working out the transfer with the NCAA/NAIA and powers that be. Clearly it’s Eichler in the team photo they posted on Twitter.

Re: Roster 2018-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 pm
by MotownTitan
Tacitus651 wrote:Seems like Madonna is just working out the transfer with the NCAA/NAIA and powers that be. Clearly it’s Eichler in the team photo they posted on Twitter.


What day was that posted, because I don't see a tweet with the basketball team photo?

https://twitter.com/MUCrusaders

https://twitter.com/MadonnaU?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor