Roster 2018-2019

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Roster 2018-2019

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 am

Remember folks, from Allen on down these players transferring out are the same players that compiled a 16-47 record over two years.

IMO, the outlook should be good bye, best of luck, and don’t let the door hit you on the backside on your way out.

Also, good luck finding a better school that will help prepare you for a better life/career beyond basketball.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 am

the current tigers are playing a solid brand of baseball with has beens and wannabe’s under gardenhire and bosio. when your playing 500 ball at close to mid seaso when many projected the team to lose 110 games, to me thats pretty good baseball. pitchers are pitching fielding are fielding and they comeback late with the aid of the rally goose. a lot of one run games and they win more than their share. i call that good baseball. 4 games back of cleveland this morning and a three game series with them coming up this weekend. fun! if you like baseball?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 am

ps. if our titans finish this next season a game or two under 500 i’ll be ecstatic
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:07 pm

‘course then we drop 2 in a row to a pathetic cincinatti team
titanmac
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 pm

I agree with you, mac, the Tigers are overachieving now that they have a real manager and it's refreshing. Never been an Avila fan but he finally did hire the right guy, albeit two years too late. As for the Clevelands, they appear to be underachieving but will still win the division which, as most say, is very weak. Last year's Indians were loaded and should have battled HOU for the AL title. Alas, in a tight game, Terry got ants in his pants and removed a pitcher who hadn't given up any runs and boom, the next NYY batter homers and the tide was turned.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby titandave » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:27 pm

NC Titan wrote:As for Tariiq, I really like his skills, I think that he has an opportunity to do well if he can get his academics together.

It will be interesting to see how the situation with Tariiq plays out; assuming he's addressed his academic issues and he's committed to working hard on the basketball court; I hope the new coaching staff affords him the opportunity to finish his college career at UDM. Safe to say; if UDM doesn't work out, it's a long shot for him to play basketball at another school.
titandave
Senior

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:13 pm

titandave wrote:
NC Titan wrote:As for Tariiq, I really like his skills, I think that he has an opportunity to do well if he can get his academics together.

It will be interesting to see how the situation with Tariiq plays out; assuming he's addressed his academic issues and he's committed to working hard on the basketball court; I hope the new coaching staff affords him the opportunity to finish his college career at UDM. Safe to say; if UDM doesn't work out, it's a long shot for him to play basketball at another school.

The problem is he doesn’t value academia.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 am

titandave wrote:

The situation with Tariiq has played out.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 am

ptctitan wrote:
titandave wrote:

The situation with Tariiq has played out.

And hopefully this puts an end to the Tariiq speculation (and lets forget about Isaiah Jones too - he was already honored on Senior day and he's gone. And while were at it, forget about BA's offer to Jesse Barnes, JUCO player who's best asset is that he's kinda tall). This is a new era, move on from the past. We have a chance to upgrade our team, so let go of the mediocrity and dream big. I want to win the Horizon, and win it enough times that a real basketball conference wants us. Those players will not be difference makers in reaching those goals
HSScout1
Senior

Postby Titan Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:56 am

I watched parts of various videos yesterday evening on Youtube, in which Texas Southern played various teams, such as Clemson. I thought Texas Southern played well in those games. What did strike me though, was that Texas Southern's W-L record in those games was 0-x. I know this has been somewhat discussed already, but will you guys, and more importantly the team, be OK with seeing very few if any wins prior to conference play? I think I will, but the season hasn't started yet. BTW, I am not referring to this year, because this is Davis' first year. I am referring to 5 years from now.
Last edited by Titan Jim on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titan Jim
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:07 am

not surecthat will happen here. we will play home games in the nonconference season.
titanmac
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Titan Jim wrote:I watched parts of various videos yesterday evening on Youtube, in which Texas Southern played various teams, such as Clemson. I thought Texas Southern played well in those games. What did strike me though, was that Texas Southern's W-L record in those games was 0-x. I know this has been somewhat discussed already, but will you guys, and more importantly the team, be OK with seeing very few if any wins prior to conference play? I think I will, but the season hasn't started yet. BTW, I am not referring to this year, because this is Davis' first year. I am referring to 5 years from now.

If it means we win the conference and/or HL tournament 3 to 4 times in 5 years than yes, yes ,yes. If I look at it in the aspect of having a shot to play a big time program (9 out of 10 getting beat) or beating up on a D2 or a low D1 team. I would rather have the opportunity to play the big name even though we might get crushed 9 out of 10. How much fun would it be if we played a UM, MSU, Kansas, Kentucky ...ect and made it a close game or even won it. To me that would be more memorable than beating University of Michigan Dearborn 100 times over.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:39 am

JDetroitTitan wrote:
Titan Jim wrote:I watched parts of various videos yesterday evening on Youtube, in which Texas Southern played various teams, such as Clemson. I thought Texas Southern played well in those games. What did strike me though, was that Texas Southern's W-L record in those games was 0-x. I know this has been somewhat discussed already, but will you guys, and more importantly the team, be OK with seeing very few if any wins prior to conference play? I think I will, but the season hasn't started yet. BTW, I am not referring to this year, because this is Davis' first year. I am referring to 5 years from now.

If it means we win the conference and/or HL tournament 3 to 4 times in 5 years than yes, yes ,yes. If I look at it in the aspect of having a shot to play a big time program (9 out of 10 getting beat) or beating up on a D2 or a low D1 team. I would rather have the opportunity to play the big name even though we might get crushed 9 out of 10. How much fun would it be if we played a UM, MSU, Kansas, Kentucky ...ect and made it a close game or even won it. To me that would be more memorable than beating University of Michigan Dearborn 100 times over.

My goal would be that we "raise our sights" higher than the HL.
titanmike
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am

titanmike wrote:My goal would be that we "raise our sights" higher than the HL.

I would hope that Mike Davis and the athletic department long turn goal is to move into a better conference. We are the longest program in the HL. The conference is weak for basketball and is trending down. The only positive about it is that they take one team to play in the NCAA tournament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_League
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 am

JDetroitTitan wrote:

I would hope that Mike Davis and the athletic department long turn goal is to move into a better conference. We are the longest program in the HL. The conference is weak for basketball and is trending down. The only positive about it is that they take one team to play in the NCAA tournament.

Not to mention with the exception of Belmont(Soccer), the only private institution remaining.
titanmike
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:24 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:

Win first. Beat Oakland. Then worry about a new conference.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 pm

hah! get into a better conference. play better competition. ramp up! sorry nct! couldnt resist. :)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmike » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:37 am

NC Titan wrote:
JDetroitTitan wrote:

I can wait either way, but Loyola didn't wait until they won.
titanmike
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Per verbal commits, confirming what we already knew:

Detroit F Tariiq Jones (JR) is leaving the program. https://t.co/gCCIDjAWoz
HSScout1
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:15 pm

NC Titan wrote:

I can't see dragging our feet to stop until we wear out the bottoms of our shoes. I am sure Davis coming to Detroit was with a promise that we will move up. Why do we want to gauge our success on what the Extension school up the road does or doesn't do. What happens with or without Oakland should be irrelevant and have absolutely nothing to do with us doing what is best for the future of the University of Detroit.
upbasketballfan
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball