Antoine Davis

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Antoine Davis

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 am

Davis commits to Detroit

TXRecruited

@TXRecruited
10m10 minutes ago
More
2018 SATCH HomeSchool (TX) G Antoine Davis has committed to Detroit.

TOP 100 TALENT

@Top100Talent
15m15 minutes ago
More
6’2 Antoine Davis (2018/G) has committed to Detroit. #Top100Talent @Youngdvs13
HSScout1
Senior

Re: Antoine Davis

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:50 am

BTW, Antoine has retweeted this, so I'd consider it official
HSScout1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Great news, I think Antoine will do really well at UDM.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:37 pm

I hope his work ethic will rub off on his teammates. Many times last season I felt like we weren't a very hard working team.
HSScout1
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm

The last Davis we got from Texas was not too shabby.

Jerry Davis from Corpus Christi, not too far from Houston. 11th all-time leading scorer in Titans' history. Smokey Gaines.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 pm

ptctitan wrote:The last Davis we got from Texas was not too shabby.

Jerry Davis from Corpus Christi, not too far from Houston. 11th all-time leading scorer in Titans' history. Smokey Gaines.

Was Jerry Davis half of Salt and Pepper?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm

NC Titan wrote:
ptctitan wrote:The last Davis we got from Texas was not too shabby.

Was Jerry Davis half of Salt and Pepper?

Yes, Davis was Pepper, Joe Kopicki was Salt.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:59 pm

I guess Antoine is ok for a walk-on player.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:53 am

would have been sumphthin to see what he and cory would have accomplished together. another round a coulda',s another night of moral victories... somedays i think its easier to be a lions fan.....
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:10 pm

titanmac wrote:would have been sumphthin to see what he and cory would have accomplished together. another round a coulda',s another night of moral victories... somedays i think its easier to be a lions fan.....

Can't worry about something that was impossible. Corey announced that he was outta here 3 days before Bacari was relieved of his duties. Without Coach Davis, we don't get Antoine. Corey committed to GA State weeks before the first Davis rumors began to percolate. I'm happy to have Antoine and Chris Brandon. Most of all, I'm pleased to have Coach Davis and his staff directing the team.

First half at Temple may have been the finest half of hoopin' by the Titans since the 2011-12 league championship team destroyed Valpo for the automatic NCAA bid. Lots of work left to do; but they showed us a glimpse of what could be coming in Jan-March if they continue to improve.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Antoine is currently #7 in the nation in D1 PPG.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-m ... vidual/136

Through one game only - I imagine this will be updated soon and he will move up.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:11 pm

ptc? is that you? i can completely agree with what your saying. of course! none of that discounts what i said. its tough to watch this team struggle year after year. always one step from greatness; one step from oblivion. always a woulda coulda shoulda. last night was a moral victory. i get it. problem is we have had too many of those over the last twenty years. way more than the real kind. the last big victory, off the top of my head? defeating uconn in the nit. might have been a couple since? im not going to look it up. can’t you imagine a backcourt with cory josh and ad? woulda been awesome baby. c rob and the diaper dandy. light it up! it’d be rainin 3rees in the D.

your right tho. aint gonna happen.... so i guess we can look forward to handicapping the spread.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Antoine seems to have NBA potential.
Titans03
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 am

titanmac - I understand your dream. Would've been nice if Corey had stayed. However, in your dream we would still need a post player (not necessarily a center) and one of the taller guards to step up much more than we need another small guard like Corey who can shoot the 3. The post player who could dish back out to the open 3 point shooter would make us much more effective on offense plus such a player would improve the defensive rebounding out of the zone. Blackshear could become such a player by the time of the HL.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:14 pm

lol. ok ptc. i guess?
titanmac
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:32 pm

I guess most Titan fans have thought how nice it would be to have Allen on the team still. I think ptc is right though. We have a great backcourt with AD, McFolley and others stepping up for a few minutes here and there. One thing we haven’t discussed much is how great McFolley has been passing the ball these first two games. A lot of seniors might not be thrilled to be dishing to a freshman so much, but I sense Josh is a smart kid and mature enough to do whatever it takes to make his senior season a team success. If given the choice, I would probably rather have Cory Hightower on the team than Allen.

No use in dwelling much on who we lost. We have the pieces to win plenty of HL games.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:22 pm

titanmac wrote:lol. ok ptc. i guess?

titanmac -It's lol. Not trying to start a big dispute here. Hadn't given much thought about Corey once he decided to leave except wondering who would fill his role. So far, young #0 in tandem with Josh has me focused upon the now and the upcoming HL season while memories of Corey's great games recede further and further into the dark cloud that characterized the past 2 seasons. But I do understand your wistful thinking here as we compete in a rather grueling non-conference schedule. Let's hope we can enjoy some major HL W's this year.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Antoine is currently #7 in the nation in D1 PPG.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-m ... vidual/136

Through one game only - I imagine this will be updated soon and he will move up.

After two games Davis is tenth in the country in scoring with 31 ppg, seven off the lead.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby UDDRUMMER » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am

Great start for Davis. Bringing back the retro short shorts look from the Vitale days!
I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Just named HL Freshman of the Week

http://horizonleague.org/news/2018/11/12/mens-basketball-nike-hlmbb-players-of-the-week-november-12.aspx

Freshman of the Week

Antoine Davis | Detroit Mercy | Freshman | Birmingham, Ala. | Guard

The rookie put himself on the national stage in the first week of play averaging 31.0 points and posting back-to-back 30-point games on the road, while shooting 48.9 percent from the field and 44.4 percent from behind the arc. He started his collegiate career with a team-high 32 points with six triples at Western Michigan, the most points ever by a Titan freshman in his debut and the second-most points ever by a Titan in their first game. He followed that up with a team-high 30 points and another six 3-pointers at Temple. He is first Titan to post back-to-back 30-point outings since Jon Goode did it during the 2007-08 campaign.
ptctitan
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball