Antoine Davis

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Antoine Davis

Postby ptctitan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Antoine becomes the first true freshman to sweep both awards in the same week.

Isaiah Brock of Oakland did it; but he was about 24 years old when he did so after having served an enlisted tour in the Army.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Titans03 wrote:Rashad Philips posted some highlights of Antoine on Twitter and said he was the “best scorer in the country”. He also agreed with someone in the comments that Antoine should be a “One and Done” player.

Nooooooo :cry: . I love watching this guy play
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:14 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:
Titans03 wrote:Rashad Philips posted some highlights of Antoine on Twitter and said he was the “best scorer in the country”. He also agreed with someone in the comments that Antoine should be a “One and Done” player.

Nooooooo :cry: . I love watching this guy play

Antoine is too frail to be a one and done, I can see him leaving no sooner than the end of his Jr. season.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm

At the end of tonight's coaches show, Coach Davis made a point to compliment the Titan fans saying they are the best that he's ever encountered.

He made a point of noting that Antoine does read "the board" and likes the fact that the posters are so positive about our Titans.

I would say that it's been such a long time for us to be positive about something. But I have a feeling about Coach Davis that even better things are coming over the next few years. When we adjusted our zone to start the 2nd half of the Loyola game and then blew them out while #0 went off for 42 points ... I have a feeling that historians of our program will look back at that moment as the turning point.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 pm

I have to pinch myself to not get overly excited because I did that once and Vitale quit and I did it again and Perry for whatever reason lost his touch. But it feels so good again to have a coach like this who has a stellar reputation and can get this program back to the national prominence it once had.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 pm

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... ium=social

Sports Illustrated article about Antoine.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/12/12/detroit-mercy-titans-antoine-davis-father-mike-coach?xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=si-ncaabb&utm_medium=social

Sports Illustrated article about Antoine.

Nice! Thanks for posting.
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball