Antoine Davis

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Antoine Davis

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am

Free Press article today.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/2019/01/17/detroit-mercy-antoine-davis-mike-davis/2599022002/

Excerpt from this article:

"If Antoine were playing for Michigan or Michigan State, you would be worn out by the constant coverage and the pundits’ breathless bloviating. Instead, reporters have to rely on Antoine’s unfortunate rivals for an assessment."

Detroit News article today.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/john-niyo/2019/01/16/john-niyo-detroit-mercys-revival-family-project-davis-clan/2592490002/

Excerpt:

And while the larger goals are still a long way off — getting to the NCAA Tournament first, Antoine says, “and turning this into a winning program again” — he’s enjoying seeing all that hard work starting to pay off.

“This,” he adds, nodding,”is what we came here to do.”
ptctitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:39 am

After reading the News article, I feel even better knowing that we not only beat Kampe in recruiting AD but also Bruce Pearl, who was Kampe before we acknowledged that Kampe existed.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 pm

I’m one of the fossils who still get paper versions of the two local newspapers, which by the way now have a sticker price of $2 (I remember when they were a dime). The Detroit News story referenced above is prominently featured in the paper version. The Detroit Free Press’ well-written story can only be accessed in cyberspace. The Freep did manage to find space to run an article on U-M’s Jim Harbaugh offering a scholarship to a seventh grader. Maybe the UDM story will get in tomorrow’s edition.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 am

Rogobob77 wrote:I’m one of the fossils who still get paper versions of the two local newspapers, which by the way now have a sticker price of $2 (I remember when they were a dime). The Detroit News story referenced above is prominently featured in the paper version. The Detroit Free Press’ well-written story can only be accessed in cyberspace. The Freep did manage to find space to run an article on U-M’s Jim Harbaugh offering a scholarship to a seventh grader. Maybe the UDM story will get in tomorrow’s edition.

Yes, today’s Free Press print edition has the article on the front of the sports section with a big picture. Nice!
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:03 am

TerryTylerFan wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:I’m one of the fossils who still get paper versions of the two local newspapers, which by the way now have a sticker price of $2 (I remember when they were a dime). The Detroit News story referenced above is prominently featured in the paper version. The Detroit Free Press’ well-written story can only be accessed in cyberspace. The Freep did manage to find space to run an article on U-M’s Jim Harbaugh offering a scholarship to a seventh grader. Maybe the UDM story will get in tomorrow’s edition.

Yes, today’s Free Press print edition has the article on the front of the sports section with a big picture. Nice!

I guess that mean I am going to go and buy a paper today
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:08 pm

not me, but i am so glad to see it! buzzzzzzzzzz.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Another honor.

This time:

@GoodmanHoops thinks he's the best freshman in the land [not playing on Duke's roster]. #DetroitsCollegeTeam

https://twitter.com/WatchStadium/status/1088156916751118336
ptctitan
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball