Trae Jefferson

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Trae Jefferson

Postby HSScout1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Trae tweets that he is leaving TSU. No destination was given. Previously he had tweeted he was thinking of leaving to stay with Coach Davis...


I will not be returning to Texas Southern University my time in Houston is up
HSScout1
Senior
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Titans03 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:40 pm

He also liked a reply where someone said “Detroit“, and he and Antoine Davis follow each other.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Jefferson coming to Detroit would be a instant lift to our program. he is the kind of player who makes his teammates better and working out with Phillips wouldn't hurt his journey.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Titans03 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Trae is much more well known nationwide than I realized. He has 58.3 thousand followers on instagram, including former Pistons guard Brandon Jennings, and current Pistons guard Dwight Buycks. He would definetly bring attention to our program if he were to transfer here.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:43 am

Trae we want you here, man!!
Resurget Cineribus
Senior
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:32 am

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 am

I noticed Trae has a 48" vertical, that is exceptional. I hope he comes to Detroit. I can envision him down the lane and laying off to McFolley in the corner. Looks like his teammates need good hands.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby NC Titan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am

upbasketballfan wrote:I noticed Trae has a 48" vertical, that is exceptional. I hope he comes to Detroit. I can envision him down the lane and laying off to McFolley in the corner. Looks like his teammates need good hands.


Considering that Josh will be a senior this season and Trae will sit for a year as a transfer, I don't think that scenario is very likely.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 am

NC Titan wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:I noticed Trae has a 48" vertical, that is exceptional. I hope he comes to Detroit. I can envision him down the lane and laying off to McFolley in the corner. Looks like his teammates need good hands.


Considering that Josh will be a senior this season and Trae will sit for a year as a transfer, I don't think that scenario is very likely.


From what I've been reading it seems Trae will be seeking a waiver to be closer to home due to the death of his father and the declining health of his grandfather. I don't know how this works. Does he request the waiver to play immediately and not sit out a year? OR, would the waiver allow him to play his 4th season in his 6th year of college? And, either way, would the NCAA consider Detroit "close to home" considering he is from Milwaukee? I really want Trae to be a Titan. More importantly, I hope the young man finds the program/school that is best for him considering what he has been through.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby NC Titan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 am

Unless his waiver request was underway prior to Davis being hired at UDM I'd be surprised if it were granted.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby titanmike » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 am

NC Titan wrote:Unless his waiver request was underway prior to Davis being hired at UDM I'd be surprised if it were granted.


It may have been considering his indefinite suspension in January.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1860
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:07 am

titanmike wrote:
NC Titan wrote:Unless his waiver request was underway prior to Davis being hired at UDM I'd be surprised if it were granted.


It may have been considering his indefinite suspension in January.


I think on the other board someone stated he had graduated and would get 2 years as a grad transfer.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby NC Titan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:40 am

I think we are mixing up two players.

Trae Jefferson is the 5-foot-7 sophomore guard from Milwaukee.

Trayvon Reed is the 7-foot-2 redshirt junior center who might have graduated and be eligible to play right way.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Titans03 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:40 pm

No, the rumor is Trae Jefferson may be able to grad transfer somewhere with 2 years of eligibility left.
Titans03
Senior
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Titans03 wrote:No, the rumor is Trae Jefferson may be able to grad transfer somewhere with 2 years of eligibility left.


Where has that rumor been seen beyond the other Titan message board though? I haven't noticed it anywhere else. But it would be ideal.

If Jefferson has to redshirt a year with us, we should give him total control of our social media accounts. If you look at his personal accounts, he's clearly a marketing/social media genius. I don't see how anyone could not like the kid.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:54 pm

Trae retweeted a mid major hoops writer that said Trae will sit 1 and play 2(no list of schools unfortunately). No details about whether a waiver was granted/assumed OR if Trae offially enrolled at TxSU two years ago instead of three. I'm starting to assume the latter.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Is it safe to say we are *not* going to offer Jefferson? I would think that if coach were to offer, he would have done so by now?

Jefferson’s own Twitter seems to suggest TxSU forced him to leave the program, and that he has been accused of some wrongdoing. Add that to the fact he’d have to sit a year and maybe he’s not worth the hassle?
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby kirky313 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:46 pm

We really don't have a clue who we've offered. I am sure Davis has talked too more guys than the 3 we have heard will be on our roster in the fall.
UDM,DUKE
kirky313
Senior
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: the clem

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:39 pm

kirky313 wrote:We really don't have a clue who we've offered. I am sure Davis has talked too more guys than the 3 we have heard will be on our roster in the fall.


I think we are in or were in a non contact period where only the prospect can contact you. It is possible Davis couldn't contact Jefferson until this week. This whole process of replacing BA has been botched miserably. As I've stated before Vowels showed his complete inexperience. I was dead set against hiring BA as you know and the timing for letting him go was bad. Davis is a lucky shot and we have set the table for him to really have a rough go. I am wishing him well but he does have a tough job ahead of him.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby StJoeUofD » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:59 pm

I don't normally take blind shots, but from 4400 miles away, I feel that the Coach is going to surprise us. Culture starts at the top. Everything I read and everything I remember about Mike Davis says we have a strong, resolute and passionate leader. That bodes well for having success. My Titan basketball antennae are back in alert mode.
StJoeUofD
Senior
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 am

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:01 pm

StJoeUofD wrote:I don't normally take blind shots, but from 4400 miles away, I feel that the Coach is going to surprise us. Culture starts at the top. Everything I read and everything I remember about Mike Davis says we have a strong, resolute and passionate leader. That bodes well for having success. My Titan basketball antennae are back in alert mode.


When you coming back to The Bend?
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Next

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests