Trae Jefferson

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Trae Jefferson

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:This whole process of replacing BA has been botched miserably. As I've stated before Vowels showed his complete inexperience. I was dead set against hiring BA as you know and the timing for letting him go was bad. Davis is a lucky shot and we have set the table for him to really have a rough go. I am wishing him well but he does have a tough job ahead of him.

Before we pass judgment on Vowels' hiring of Davis, let's see how Davis does. If he's as successful here as he has been at his other stops, we'll be glad we have him, and the short period of uncertainty will have been worth it. Apparently Vowels had his sights set on Davis from the start, he was patient, he got the coach he was looking for. If it works, a feather in his cap.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:06 am

I was watching some Trae Jefferson play clips this morning and this guy could put enough buts in the seats to pay his own way. He does make everyone around him better but they have to have good hands. Not sure how his grades are and he can pass the admissions police but I think if he can a scholarship in his direction would be a really good investment. I can't imagine anyone knowing him any better than Davis.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:08 am

Jefferson is a super fun player to watch and a marketing genius. However, his latest tweets/retweets have led me to believe there is a 0% chance we get him. He just recently retweeted this:

Multiple sources coming out of Milwaukee this weekend at an AAU event stated several times that Mike Davis was ran out of @TexasSouthern the @detroittitans Ad Robert Vowels knew about it and didn’t care! @ncaa @hbcu one source said Davis left @Traejefferson on a Island to Fail
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 am

Tacitus651 wrote:Jefferson is a super fun player to watch and a marketing genius. However, his latest tweets/retweets have led me to believe there is a 0% chance we get him. He just recently retweeted this:

Multiple sources coming out of Milwaukee this weekend at an AAU event stated several times that Mike Davis was ran out of @TexasSouthern the @detroittitans Ad Robert Vowels knew about it and didn’t care! @ncaa @hbcu one source said Davis left @Traejefferson on a Island to Fail

I would think that would be recruiters from competitive schools trying to get Jefferson to commit to them, knowing that Davis probably has the inside track. There are a lot of snakes out there spewing venom. This board does not have a monopoly on them. Just because Trae retweets a misstatement does not mean he agrees with it. My concerns are his academic standing and his past suspensions. Texas Southern did try and keep Davis after he told them of his intentions to come to Detroit. so I'm not buying into the sour Grapes. Might even be Jones trying to get Jefferson to come back. Might even be Kampe.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Jefferson was suspended from the TxSO team at the end of the season, so it's doubtful there is a high level of affection between Jefferson and Davis.

As UP says: "I can't imagine anyone knowing him any better than Davis." That might be why Davis hasn't offered.

Plus, Jefferson's grammar sucks.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Right, I’m NOT buying the accusation of TxSU running Davis out of town at all. Nothing out there to suggest it is true. All I’m saying is that if Jefferson is retweeting it, it’s probable that Davis will NOT be extending an offer to Jefferson. That’s not even getting into the accusations on Jefferson’s own twitter about people suggesting he (Jefferson) was dealing drugs and seemingly told to leave the school. Maybe Jefferson is the next Nate Robinson, but with limited remaining eligibility, all the accusations, and, as UP correctly points out, HUGE admissions hurdle into Detroit Mercy, I think we can rule out seeing him a Titan.
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Right, I’m NOT buying the accusation of TxSU running Davis out of town at all. Nothing out there to suggest it is true. All I’m saying is that if Jefferson is retweeting it, it’s probable that Davis will NOT be extending an offer to Jefferson. That’s not even getting into the accusations on Jefferson’s own twitter about people suggesting he (Jefferson) was dealing drugs and seemingly told to leave the school. Maybe Jefferson is the next Nate Robinson, but with limited remaining eligibility, all the accusations, and, as UP correctly points out, HUGE admissions hurdle into Detroit Mercy, I think we can rule out seeing him a Titan.

I dont understand any of the lingo on Trae Jeffersons twitter page, I certainly didnt see anything that would allude to him being a drug trafficker. The titan program now has another detractor in Chairman@Ihatecollegeco1 whomever this person is has almost as strong a dislike for Mike Davis as Titan96 has for JJSR.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 am

R.B.J1 wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:Right, I’m NOT buying the accusation of TxSU running Davis out of town at all. Nothing out there to suggest it is true. All I’m saying is that if Jefferson is retweeting it, it’s probable that Davis will NOT be extending an offer to Jefferson. That’s not even getting into the accusations on Jefferson’s own twitter about people suggesting he (Jefferson) was dealing drugs and seemingly told to leave the school. Maybe Jefferson is the next Nate Robinson, but with limited remaining eligibility, all the accusations, and, as UP correctly points out, HUGE admissions hurdle into Detroit Mercy, I think we can rule out seeing him a Titan.

I dont understand any of the lingo on Trae Jeffersons twitter page, I certainly didnt see anything that would allude to him being a drug trafficker. The titan program now has another detractor in Chairman@Ihatecollegeco1 whomever this person is has almost as strong a dislike for Mike Davis as Titan96 has for JJSR.

This guy is nuts.
titanmike
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball