Happy Birthday Kirky!

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Happy Birthday Kirky!

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Just noticed that announcement down below. Has anybody thought of moving this board to Facebook as a secret group? I’m in another one with some high school friends and it works great.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Re: Happy Birthday Kirky!

Postby udballer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 pm

Resurget Cineribus wrote:Has anybody thought of moving this board to Facebook as a secret group? I’m in another one with some high school friends and it works great.

My God, I hope not. That would force everyone to make the mistake of joining Facebook. I'd rather we all just meet right out in the open on MySpace. Nobody else is there, so it'd be like a private group. :)
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 pm

We could meet on the OU board, no one there either.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:We could meet on the OU board, no one there either.

LMFAO!
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:54 am

Not much to discuss. Not everyone had a nearly 3 month coach search and half a roster to fill in almost July.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 am

Dummer, you’re just pissed cause Coach Davis is gonna punch Kampe in the a** and steal his lunch money...
The-Dude
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 am

Oudrummer wrote:Not much to discuss. Not everyone had a nearly 3 month coach search and half a roster to fill in almost July.

What do you think of our new coach, OU?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 am

Oudrummer wrote:Not much to discuss. Not everyone had a nearly 3 month coach search and half a roster to fill in almost July.

And in two months he is going to make his team better than yours.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:04 am

NC Titan wrote:

What do you think of our new coach, OU?

I think for the circus that was your coaching search, it’s a home run hire for you guys. That said, if I was a fan of UDM I’d be concerned about the recruiting strategy of hiring new coaches with sons in HS to fill the roster. Also, Davis and his team from TSU cane to OU last year. His NCAA tournament team full of his players. And lost. You guys need to temper your enthusiasm. Dude is a great coach and probably as good as it gets, but it’s still a recruiting struggle for you guys and you’re at least 3 years from relevancy and winning in my opinion.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 am

titanmike wrote:

If I were you guys I’d just be happy if in two months you have a roster with 6 div 1 caliber players.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 am

Oudrummer wrote:
titanmike wrote:

If I were you guys I’d just be happy if in two months you have a roster with 6 div 1 caliber players.

We will, and no criminals either.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 am

HL season OR conference champions by Antoine's sophomore season (year 2). Book it.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Oudrummer wrote:
titanmike wrote:

We will, and no criminals either.

+1
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:26 pm

I wonder how difficult it is for Oudrummer to have to troll other boards in the League in order to find someone who is interested in discussing basketball.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Happy Birthday Kirky. Great World Cup so far. I hope you are enjoying it. Fantastic effort by S. Korea today.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:

I wonder how difficult it is for Oudrummer to have to troll other boards in the League in order to find someone who is interested in discussing basketball.

Drummer, I enjoy having you on the board, you have intelligent comments to offer, peppered with some jabs and snark -- but nothing more than what's dished out to you, so I'm OK with it.

Keep comin', keep commentin'.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm

I actually like having drummer around, too. He knows HL basketball and he's reasonably supportive of his team. I posted the OU joke knowing he'd take the bait. Just like honorary OU correspondent, Tony Paul! Man, the internet is easy!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 pm

NC Titan wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:

Drummer, I enjoy having you on the board, you have intelligent comments to offer, peppered with some jabs and snark -- but nothing more than what's dished out to you, so I'm OK with it.

Keep comin', keep commentin'.

There are a bunch of posters who, on their best days, are much worse than Drummer on his worst day. I think most of you know the ones I mean. Drummer at least adds occasional humor, some thoughtful comments from a different perspective, and he doesn't pretend to be a Titan fan.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball