Titans announce new Director of Marketing & Promotions

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Titans announce new Director of Marketing & Promotions

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Welcome to the Titan family Stanley Willard. Here’s the press release:

https://detroittitans.com/news/2018/7/1 ... tions.aspx
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: Titans announce new Director of Marketing & Promotions

Postby Oudrummer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Another good hire. Used to providing entertainment to small div 3 crowds.

I mean... really? You guys know you have a major problem with your marketing and promotions. And this is the answer?
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Another good hire. Used to providing entertainment to small div 3 crowds.

I mean... really? You guys know you have a major problem with your marketing and promotions. And this is the answer?

Not much experience, but we needed someone young for this position. Could end up being a Home Run.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:21 pm

IMO, fire in the belly, creativity, customer service orientation, and ability to develop effective relationships with all components the fan base are the keys to success in this position. Those factors matter more than length of prior experience or whether it was in D1 or D3 athletics. As with the MBB coaching selection, Willard is getting a late start and doesn’t have an M&P assistant yet (that position also vacated several months ago), so he has his work cut out. This is a critical hire given the trajectory of MBB attendance over the past several years, and I’m anxious to see what this young man can do.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Another good hire. Used to providing entertainment to small div 3 crowds.

troll
titanmike
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Oakland's head of marketing is the Director of Game Day Experience and Fan Engagement, whose background is two years as a graduate assistant at OU and two years as a student working in the Athletics Department.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:06 pm

titanmike wrote:

troll

+1 Centre College is a private College strongly supported by its Alumni. Centre has quite a history and has held many cultural events. I am sure that an Oakland alum would not have any idea about culture or cultural events.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:50 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
titanmike wrote:

troll

+1 Centre College is a private College strongly supported by its Alumni. Centre has quite a history and has held many cultural events. I am sure that an Oakland alum would not have any idea about culture or cultural events.

I dunno. I was able to find video of an OU alumni gathering. Seems they know how to have a good time:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gGQ--xz04

I think OUdrummer makes an appearance at 1:03
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:35 pm

does this mean the flydogs are done for?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Titan Jim » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:35 am

If they are, he should be fired immediately. We love the Flyball Dogs!
Titan Jim
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:39 pm

If you were paying attention you would have noticed that attendance fell off a cliff when they stopped bringing in the Fly Dogs, even more than when they stopped bringing in Professor Titan and Sem Cycle (the uni-cyclist AND National Anthem on a saw guy). The winning stopped then too.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Bite me.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:15 pm

JimmyChitwood wrote:If you were paying attention you would have noticed that attendance fell off a cliff when they stopped bringing in the Fly Dogs, even more than when they stopped bringing in Professor Titan and Sem Cycle (the uni-cyclist AND National Anthem on a saw guy). The winning stopped then too.

Maybe they could put the curs on the catwalks. That would enhance the excitement level. ;)

This could be a very good hire, BTW. He's young (which most of us are not) and might have insights into how to generate interest among the students. That's where the growth needs to come from.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 pm

sem cycle was great chit! i cant remember national anthem saw guy? musta been in the tc??
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:48 am

titanmac wrote:sem cycle was great chit! i cant remember national anthem saw guy? musta been in the tc??

Sem from Semcycle also played the National Anthem on a saw. Pretty cool. I couldn't find a video of him doing the National Anthem but did find him playing the saw here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPG9igBXCc0 I did see a video of Semcycle performing at OU.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball