July 21

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

July 21

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:18 pm

It's my birthday!!! It's also Roger Bussye's birthday. Sad we lost him recently and his family's in my thoughts tonight.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Re: July 21

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:It's my birthday!!! It's also Roger Bussye's birthday. Sad we lost him recently and his family's in my thoughts tonight.

Roger is a good man and a true friend of the University, he is missed!
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:58 pm

happy day mooseman. you too roger... where ever you are!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Titan Jim » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Happy birthday, Moose and Roger!
Titan Jim
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 am

Happy Birthday
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:14 am

Thanks for the mention, Moose. Hope you had a Happy Birthday. Too bad it wasn't your 21st b'day on the 21st. Oh well, you probably woke up feeling better on the 22nd than you did back when you turned 21 :lol:

UP: you may remember me bringing up my Uncle Roy (Fred) Rimmer, who had been in the Parts Dept. at Floyd Rice Ford for 30+ years? He and my Aunt moved to Phoenix about 28 years ago and he worked 4 days a week at another Ford Dealership there for another 25 years. Anyway, my Aunt died about 10 years ago and now Roy is in failing health. He didn't have too many good options so he has come back to Michigan and is living with us now. He turns 99 years old on Wednesday.
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Tom I still remember your Uncle Roy. Refresh his memory and ask him if he remembers the twins Herschell and Hurley. I think he was there during the 1967 riots when we had the troop movers all over the place. The two guys that bought Floyd out were Howard Rigg who was the parts manager and a salesman Marty Daher. Your Uncle would have worked for Nick Weiss who took over as the parts mgr. for Howard. Sorry to hear Roy is in ill health hope he gets some strength back and can tell you some of the Floyd Rice stories. Floyd Rice at one time was the #1 Ford Dealer in the world back when Livernois was the home of bright flashing lights and shining fenders. Your Uncle should remember Bolton's Bar, Larco's,Checker BBQ, Modern Deli and Bakers Keyboard Lounge. Now Floyd Rice is Popeye's Chicken and I think Bolton's has become a Piggly Wiggly. Good to hear Livernois is making a come back it still has a long way to go to get back to what it was. Did Roy ever make it over to Tom's? Ask your Uncle if he remembers me. I was lucky to work as a kid with all the pros down there. It gave me friends, skills and memories that have lasted me a lifetime.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball