Possible Non con

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Possible Non con

Postby Commissioner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:08 pm

titanmac wrote:i expect 20 wins!

That's nothin. Moose expects 40.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Titans03 wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:I would recommend Antifragile to anyone wanting a glimpse inside coach’s philosophy. I’ll confess I only got half way through. The author does tend to repeat himself quite a bit, and some of his application is rather silly; notably his chapter on weightlifting.

All that said, I do like the way Davis applies the philosophy to college basketball. I don’t expect many non-con wins, but I’d point out some success Davis had recently: Ws over Rice and LaSalle in 16-17, Ws over K-State and Michigan State (25) in 14-15.

I certainly don’t expect non-con wins this season with our roster issues, but if Antoine develops and we get a good core, I could see us having an upset or two in the coming seasons.

You don’t expect ANY non conference wins this season? Don’t we play 5 MAC teams and 2 games against Loyola-Maryland and Hampton/BGSU? I would hope win at least win a couple of those. The next few years it appears that we will only play P5 schools. Then I don’t expect any non conference wins. But this year? I would definetly be disappointed if we go 0-13.

Meant to say BIG non-con wins (Xavier, Butler). We will get some Ws against MAC schools.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titandave » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:03 pm

In terms of talent on the current roster, I think we're in decent shape in the back court with McFolley, Davis, and Knight. I won't be surprised to see Jacob Hollard play as a Wing ... he's very athletic. With Blackshear and/or Eichler, we should be OK at the Center position. At this point in time, the position that concerns me the most is PF. Over the past two; there have been situations where Cole Long was effective at PF, however, it doesn't appear he's comfortable playing on the inside.
titandave
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:34 pm

titanmac wrote:i expect 20 wins!

Not sure where you are getting it but that is some pretty good stuff you are smoking, Mac!
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:59 pm

titandave wrote:In terms of talent on the current roster, I think we're in decent shape in the back court with McFolley, Davis, and Knight. I won't be surprised to see Jacob Hollard play as a Wing ... he's very athletic. With Blackshear and/or Eichler, we should be OK at the Center position. At this point in time, the position that concerns me the most is PF. Over the past two; there have been situations where Cole Long was effective at PF, however, it doesn't appear he's comfortable playing on the inside.

I don't want to derail the thread, however, on the other board HScout mentioned a player named Christian Jacob had signed with Chicago State, Jacob is 6'8 and according to the commissioner, he averaged 19 and 12 at Kankakee JUCO last season. I think he could probably help us at the PF position.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:26 pm

R.B.J1 wrote:
titandave wrote:In terms of talent on the current roster, I think we're in decent shape in the back court with McFolley, Davis, and Knight. I won't be surprised to see Jacob Hollard play as a Wing ... he's very athletic. With Blackshear and/or Eichler, we should be OK at the Center position. At this point in time, the position that concerns me the most is PF. Over the past two; there have been situations where Cole Long was effective at PF, however, it doesn't appear he's comfortable playing on the inside.

I don't want to derail the thread, however, on the other board HScout mentioned a player named Christian Jacob had signed with Chicago State, Jacob is 6'8 and according to the commissioner, he averaged 19 and 12 at Kankakee JUCO last season. I think he could probably help us at the PF position.

If he signed with Chicago State, how could he help us?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Other threads have said Eichler is transferring out. I hope Blackshear is healthy this year.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:38 pm

NC Titan wrote:
R.B.J1 wrote:

If he signed with Chicago State, how could he help us?

lol, that's what I get for surfing the net and posting on detroittitanshoops.com at work. To clarify, Jacob verbally committed to Chicago State and he might be coming to UDM with former Chicago State head coach and new UDM assistant coach Tracy Dildy.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 pm

This would seem like a definite possibility, especially considering they still don't have a coach yet. I'm assuming he committed before Dildy was fired?
Titans03
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

Based upon last night's tweet that another member of the coaching staff has arrived on campus, that brings the total to 3 acknowledged members of the staff are now working in Calihan.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am

ptctitan wrote:Based upon last night's tweet that another member of the coaching staff has arrived on campus, that brings the total to 3 acknowledged members of the staff are now working in Calihan.

Which 3
titanmike
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 am

titanmike wrote:Which 3

@DetroitMBB is not saying who they are. On August 7, it tweeted:

"Yesterday was a good day for the Titans! 2 members of the staff showed up! Enjoyed speaking at the Titan Golf Outing. There is an excitement in the air! Help us grow! Help us build! We’re excited and hope you are as well! #DetroitTuff"

Yesterday, @DetroitMBB tweeted:

"One more member of the staff has reported to Titan Land! #EnjoyTheProcess #DetroitTuff"
ptctitan
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball