Jarred Rosser

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Jarred Rosser

Postby ptctitan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am

Going prep school at Tennessee Prep Academy.

https://twitter.com/tennprepacademy/status/1042547384197308416

Means he could not qualify for admission.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:17 pm

I still don’t get this prep school stuff. Who pays for this? Does it cost someone like Rosser tuition, or does he go on scholarship?
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titandave » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:I still don’t get this prep school stuff. Who pays for this? Does it cost someone like Rosser tuition, or does he go on scholarship?

I've had the same question regarding payment for this type of program. Here's cost information from the Tennessee Preparatory Academy web site:

2018-19 Tuition and Fees
• On-campus Student (Annually): $16,500
• Day Student (Annually):$12,500

Additional costs
• Meals (during travel) It is REQUIRED that you provide your student with a weekly stipend during basketball season for meals while we are traveling. These meals outside of the campus are not included in the tuition cost. Funding is needed for this such as light snacks and can include full dinners.
• Toiletries/Personal Products. It is REQUIRED that you provide your student and monthly stipend (year around) for everyday items such as (shampoo, soap, laundry products, etc). Tennessee Preparatory Academy DOES NOT supply these items. We do however make weekly trips to the store to ensure that students are able to purchase these items.
titandave
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Yikes. My suspicion is that these prep “schools” are bilking these families (possibly through private loans with crazy interest rates) out of money with a lot of talk. I cringed when I read the #NBA part of Tenn Prep’s tweet about Rosser joining.

I could maybe see the prep school thing being a good decision if you were a 4 star borderline 5 star with just awful grades. Maybe spending a year working out with good trainers and achieving a decent ACT score is worth it to go play at a P5 program (as opposed to JUCO).
Tacitus651
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball