Page 1 of 2

Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:01 pm
by HSScout1
Gainesville (GA) G/F Jarred Rosser has committed

https://twitter.com/Jarredrosser1/statu ... 25536?s=19

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:22 pm
by ptctitan
6'7" guard from Gainesville, GA - just northeast of Atlanta.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:48 pm
by Titans03
I trust coach Davis, but isn't it concerning that we are giving 4 year scholarships to players without any other D1 offers this late in the game?

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:51 pm
by Tacitus651
Titans03 wrote:I trust coach Davis, but isn't it concerning that we are giving 4 year scholarships to players without any other D1 offers this late in the game?


No, because that will only make our 30 for 30, March of the Titans, all the more thrilling.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm
by ptctitan
Titans03 wrote:I trust coach Davis, but isn't it concerning that we are giving 4 year scholarships to players without any other D1 offers this late in the game?


Nothing unexpected given how everything played out. These recruits like Jarred may play with chips on their shoulders since they may feel they should've been considered earlier. Worst to first is our goal.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:28 pm
by Tacitus651
I agree, ptc. But the key word (or, number) is 4. Arguably, much less risk in signing JUCOs or grad transfers. Although, truth is there weren’t many of those left either by the time Davis signed his contract.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm
by titanmac
i like having four year players. too many juco’s take a year to adjust. the reality seems to be you get one good year if any. of course there are exceptions.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm
by ptctitan
Tacitus651 wrote:I agree, ptc. But the key word (or, number) is 4. Arguably, much less risk in signing JUCOs or grad transfers. Although, truth is there weren’t many of those left either by the time Davis signed his contract.


Of the 5 known commitments, 1 is a JUCO, 1 is a grad transfer, and 3 are freshmen.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:38 am
by upbasketballfan
Welcome Jarred hope you enjoy being a Titan. Looking forward to the season and watching you excel.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 am
by JDetroitTitan
Titans03 wrote:I trust coach Davis, but isn't it concerning that we are giving 4 year scholarships to players without any other D1 offers this late in the game?


I am not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_9Grk7Ggdo

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 pm
by ptctitan
At about the 1:00 minute mark of the video linked to by JDetroitTitan, you will see Rosser dunk over the Class 7A Georgia State HS championship team, Meadowcreek HS team. Jarred's team lost 62-61. Why is this significant? Because former Titan, now Presbyterian recruit Corey Hightower was playing for Meadowcreek in that game.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:34 pm
by JDetroitTitan
ptctitan wrote:At about the 1:00 minute mark of the video linked to by JDetroitTitan, you will see Rosser dunk over the Class 7A Georgia State HS championship team, Meadowcreek HS team. Jarred's team lost 62-61. Why is this significant? Because former Titan, now Presbyterian recruit Corey Hightower was playing for Meadowcreek in that game.


Hightower is in the Titan's rear view mirror now just like what Jarred Rosser did in the video 8-)


~Titan Pride for those who carry the name on there back

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm
by ptctitan
The Meadowcreek player #23 that you see Rosser dunking over and being fouled by is 6'9" 225 Amari Kelly who will be a freshman at Duquesne this coming season.

JDetroitTitan - I agree that the past is in our rearview mirror. But perspective and potential on a newly committed player is also nice to have heading into the final weekend of July. Thank you for finding and linking to that video.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:38 pm
by Commissioner
ptctitan wrote:The Meadowcreek player #23 that you see Rosser dunking over and being fouled by is 6'9" 225 Amari Kelly who will be a freshman at Duquesne this coming season.

JDetroitTitan - I agree that the past is in our rearview mirror. But perspective and potential on a newly committed player is also nice to have heading into the final weekend of July. Thank you for finding and linking to that video.

Bacari also offered Amari Kelly.

Good catch PTC.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:09 pm
by NC Titan
We all know that highlight reels are one-sided, but Jarred has soft hands, apparently can hit free throws, and he is a finisher.

I'm happy with this signing.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm
by R.B.J1
Any news on Rosser ? I see that his Twitter page has been deleted. He was discussed on the other site yesterday.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:19 pm
by titandave
R.B.J1 wrote:Any news on Rosser ? I see that his Twitter page has been deleted. He was discussed on the other site yesterday.


Interesting to note; Jarred Rosser was not included in the 8/20 UDM announcement and he's listed as committed (i.e. not signed) in Verbal Commits.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm
by ptctitan
His Twitter page has not been deleted. He has deleted certain references to his commitment and to his trip to Detroit. He was always just a verbal commitment after the date for signing a national letter of intent had expired. He was on campus in late August for freshman orientation. As we learned with Shy McClellan, sometimes things don't work out for various reasons. Best not to speculate at this time until a final roster is announced. We are now less than two weeks from the official start of the 2018-19 college basketball season.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 pm
by R.B.J1
ptctitan wrote:His Twitter page has not been deleted. He has deleted certain references to his commitment and to his trip to Detroit. He was always just a verbal commitment after the date for signing a national letter of intent had expired. He was on campus in late August for freshman orientation. As we learned with Shy McClellan, sometimes things don't work out for various reasons. Best not to speculate at this time until a final roster is announced. We are now less than two weeks from the official start of the 2018-19 college basketball season.


The twitter page on the first post of this thread connected to Rosser has been deleted.

Re: Jarred Rosser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm
by ptctitan
R.B.J1 wrote:The twitter page on the first post of this thread connected to Rosser has been deleted.


OK, we mean the same thing. He has taken down his tweet announcing his verbal commitment to us. When you said "his Twitter page," that said to me that he took down his entire Twitter account. Thanks for clarifying. Too bad for the young man. Hope he bounces back.