Monday's Titan Golf Outing

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Monday's Titan Golf Outing

Postby ptctitan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:21 am

If the university does not issue a press release today or Monday about the new assistant men's BB coaches who have actually been out there working for most of July, will they be wearing disguises at this event? ;)
ptctitan
Senior

Re: Monday's Titan Golf Outing

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:54 pm

ptctitan wrote:If the university does not issue a press release today or Monday about the new assistant men's BB coaches who have actually been out there working for most of July, will they be wearing disguises at this event? ;)

Funny, I still don't understand why the administration at UDM keeps everything so secretive. UDM only has a few thousand fans. What would be the problem with keeping us informed?
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby DetroitBASKETBALL » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:27 pm

Good time at the outing, coach said staff will be in place this week, our basketball operations was there, first day here, he was at Marshall, South Carolina and Indiana U. Can't remember his name. Coach said 9 players are committed to attend over the last month, once again said he is paying his sons tuition and saving that scholarship, said his goal is NCAA tournament this year and every year.
DetroitBASKETBALL
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Living in Indiana now it’s tough for me to make this outing. Was it a good turn out? Any other insights?
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am

DetroitBASKETBALL wrote:Good time at the outing, coach said staff will be in place this week, our basketball operations was there, first day here, he was at Marshall, South Carolina and Indiana U. Can't remember his name. Coach said 9 players are committed to attend over the last month, once again said he is paying his sons tuition and saving that scholarship, said his goal is NCAA tournament this year and every year.

Does this mean Coach Davis has signed nine kids, or that he has signed five to go with the four remaining scholarship players?

Or are some of those nine going to be 2019 recruits?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm

C'mon attendees. Why didn't y'all cross-examine the hell out of Coach Davis and nail down these facts? ;)
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Big Chuck » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 pm

I understood him to say 9 new players committed of which 4 are ready to play right away. Lost out on some grad transfers he wanted. Three returning scholarship players (Blackshear, McFolley, Long?) Two walk-ons coming back. I assumed but am not sure that his son is one of the nine. Never left campus to recruit, almost all by phone.

Told us that this year would be the easiest schedule that we would see. He only had two games he was able to schedule this year. Others were already committed. He wanted Kentucky and Arizona, but could not get. Definitely wants to play a killer non-league schedule because in a one-bid league you have to win at the end or the year.

Definitely going to be a different approach. Hold on for the ride. I like him. Wish him the best.
Big Chuck
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm

This confirms what I’ve been hearing for the most part. Eichler is gone. And 1 (apparently 2) of Carter, Joubert, Ollie, and Gjysma are gone. I know for sure which one is definetly gone, but my best guess is Joubert and Gjysma will be the two returning.
Titans03
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Titans03 wrote:This confirms what I’ve been hearing for the most part. Eichler is gone. And 1 (apparently 2) of Carter, Joubert, Ollie, and Gjysma are gone. I know for sure which one is definetly gone, but my best guess is Joubert and Gjysma will be the two returning.

Bass Ollie transfers to Kalamazoo College

https://twitter.com/KMENSBASKETBALL/sta ... 69824?s=19
HSScout1
Senior

Postby Titan Andrew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:59 am

HSScout1 wrote:
Titans03 wrote:This confirms what I’ve been hearing for the most part. Eichler is gone. And 1 (apparently 2) of Carter, Joubert, Ollie, and Gjysma are gone. I know for sure which one is definetly gone, but my best guess is Joubert and Gjysma will be the two returning.

Bass Ollie transfers to Kalamazoo College

https://twitter.com/KMENSBASKETBALL/sta ... 69824?s=19

Coach Smith raiding our roster...lol!
Titan Andrew
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball