It's not Basketball....

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

It's not Basketball....

Postby NC Titan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:28 pm

I know this is a basketball forum, but I want to point you all to check out the UDM Titans webpage for the recruits on the men's lacrosse team. A couple of All Americas, lots of all-state players from a lot of different states (not just Michigan), and a young man from here in Charlotte NC. Coincidentally, Coach Scott of the women's basketball team also signed an athlete from Charlotte.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Re: It's not Basketball....

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Great news, I love that lacrosse program.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:54 am

Its interesting how when the program first started the team was made up of roughly 1/3 Canadians, 1/3 Michiganders, and 1/3 elsewhere, but mostly east coasters. This year there were no Canadians, no hotbeds of lax (NY, NJ, eastern PA, Maryland, and Virginia). Now we have more Michigan boys, and a few from Minn and Illinois, and even from Texas and Cali. May be a result in the the change in coaches since the start, the addition of more DI lax schools, or players getting better outside of the east coast. I know Coach Kolon and his staff get around to a lot of showcase events in the summer, all over the country.

On a side note, Coach Kolon is starting a Warriors Elite travel team. I think/hope that will catch on. They will likely only play in better tournaments out east. There are a few programs like that in the state now, namely Juiced Cherries out of Royal Oak and True Lacrosse. Most the best kids in the State (and Ohio and Indiana) play with Juiced Cherries and True in the summer, and many go the top tier D1 schools.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:48 am

I think we can recruit nationally because we have a recognizable high-performing program. And adding lacrosse when we did was a great move because we were early adopters. I remember speaking to a parent at one game. They lived in Texas and there was not a single D1 school in the entire state with a scholarship-level program.
NC Titan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:48 am

I think we can recruit nationally because we have a recognizable high-performing program. And adding lacrosse when we did was a great move because we were early adopters. I remember speaking to a parent at one game. They lived in Texas and there was not a single D1 school in the entire state with a scholarship-level program.
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:58 am

NC Titan wrote:I know this is a basketball forum, but I want to point you all to check out the UDM Titans webpage for the recruits on the men's lacrosse team. A couple of All Americas, lots of all-state players from a lot of different states (not just Michigan), and a young man from here in Charlotte NC. Coincidentally, Coach Scott of the women's basketball team also signed an athlete from Charlotte.

We do have a Lacrosse page by the way ;)
titanmike
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball