Butler & Xavier Games On Fox Sports

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Butler & Xavier Games On Fox Sports

Postby ptctitan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 pm

https://detroittitans.com/news/2018/9/17/mens-basketball-titans-to-appear-on-fox-sports.aspx

DETROIT (9/17/2018) -- The University of Detroit Mercy men's basketball team will have a pair of games on FOX Sports this season, both against former conference rivals and current BIG EAST programs.

Detroit Mercy's game at Butler on Nov. 12 will tip-off at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised live on FOX Sports 1, while the Titans road contest at Xavier on Dec. 21 will start at 7 p.m. and will be shown nationally on FOX Sports 2.

The last time the Titans played Butler was in the 2011-12 campaign and Detroit Mercy swept both games that year beating the Bulldogs, 76-65, at home and, 65-61, at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Detroit Mercy currently trails the all-time match-up, 43-29, in a series that dates back to 1963 and included some great battles in the Midwestern City Conference, the Midwestern Collegiate Conference and the Horizon League.

Detroit Mercy last played Xavier in 2006 and this year's meeting will be the 95th match-up, second-most in Titan history trailing only the 121 career contests against Loyola Chicago. The Titans are 43-51 all-time against the Musketeers and last played them in 2006. The two were rivals during the Midwestern City Conference and the Midwestern Collegiate Conference from 1980-1995.
ptctitan
Senior

Re: Butler & Xavier Games On Fox Sports

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Good publicity opportunities if we can play decent ball. Funny thing is, comparing this to the other thread about HL tourney coverage, I think we’d get more eyes on us in games like these than we would in a HL final game on ESPN? I’m not certain, but I’d think a game against Xavier on a Friday at 7pm trumps that in ratings (even on Fox2).
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Re: Butler & Xavier Games On Fox Sports

Postby ExcitedTitan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:29 am

I loved playing Butler and, especially, Xavier. I can't believe it has been so long for Xavier. Still sad to see that we are on the opposite side of the spectrum of success as our former rivals. :x Lets hope we can still hang with them.

As I've said many times, 2 games on FSN is better than 10 games on WADL if we want more people to see our games. If its just us diehards, we'll eventually find the game on WADL. I have never even channel-surfed past WADL and had to check my cable guide every time a game was on to find the channel. I always check out what is on FSNs. They are right in the middle of all of my sports stations.
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball