Titan in the NCAAs!!!

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Titan in the NCAAs!!!

Postby Titan Andrew » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Thought this warranted its own thread on the main board - cross country athlete Ben Kendell finished 2nd place at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional this afternoon. This race is comprised of every D-1 school in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin which contain schools from the B1G, Big East, and ACC, among others and is traditionally regarded as the most difficult NCAA Regional. Due to his performance, Ben automatically qualifies for the NCAA championship race. This is the highest finish by a Titan at the Regional ever and the first time a Titan male cross country runner qualified for NCAAs. Congrats Ben!
Titan Andrew
Senior

Re: Titan in the NCAAs!!!

Postby titanmac » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:05 pm

wow! great accomplishment. glad your a titan ben!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Shags-DC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:08 pm

That's awesome!

My 14 year old son runs cross country and I have a deep appreciation for the sport and student athletes. He has set a goal of winning the 14U division at this year's Detroit Turkey Trot 5K. Last year he was 5th in that division.

Do you know what Ben's time was?
Shags-DC
Senior

Postby Titan Andrew » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 pm

31:11 for a 10k where he set the pace for the whole race.
Titan Andrew
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Congratulations Ben on your fine performance!
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:30 pm

I ran in HS. 70+ mile weeks in the summers. Brutal sport, and now that my son is running I tell him it’s the fairest sport in the world. No one ever “gets lucky” and wins a XC race. Ben is a legit super athlete. He won the National Catholic Invite this year and beat some really good runners.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Ben has been a track standout for four years (he took a year off to redshirt). Even better, his sister Claire is a sophomore at UDM and a standout distance runner, too.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball