Who’s better: Antoine Davis or Ray McCallum Jr.

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Who’s better: Antoine Davis or Ray McCallum Jr.?

Antoine
82%
Ray
18%

Total votes : 11

Re: Who’s better: Antoine Davis or Ray McCallum Jr.

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Titans03 wrote:"if we don't dance" implying that there is a chance that we won't be in the NCAA tournament ;)

Right now I’d place our odds of dancing at about 20%.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:35 pm

ps. willie green is the greatest titan in the post vitale era. looking forward to his jersey in the rafters!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby udballer » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 am

I loved Willie but I'd be interested to learn what kind of thought process would lead to that statement? Willie had opportunities to cement his legacy and couldn't lead the Titans to a big win. Low point was when I had to watch his team get dismantled @ Oakland by 30. Willie was an excellent wingman, but underachieved as the star, in my opinion. Still a great Titan.
udballer
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:41 am

Antoine Davis could be the best shooter to play here since Archie Tullos (49.8% career shooting percentage). And maybe even Terry Duerod who had a 4-year career 51.2% shooting percentage. I'm looking at shooting percentage for a guard. How many career points would Sweet Doooooo have made if he played in the era of the 3-point shot? Those of us lucky enough to have seen him play know that at least half of Duerod's shots would have been 3-pointers in the modern game.

So far, Antoine has not yet shown the ability of Rashad, Willie, Ray, and others to drive the hoop with consistency. And maybe he does not need to do so in his game.

One important common attribute of Ray and Antoine is their ability to make their teams play better and attract better players who want to play with them. There was a kind of charisma around Ray. Antoine looks to possess this similar positive trait. You can see it on the court as the team plays. More players with higher skill sets will want to play with Antoine for this very reason.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:41 pm

ptctitan wrote:So far, Antoine has not yet shown the ability of Rashad, Willie, Ray, and others to drive the hoop with consistency. And maybe he does not need to do so in his game.

When you can drop in a three from the tunnel to the locker room you don't need to drive (that much). Part of AD's game is to stretch the defense and open others. He needs an inside presence to pass to when the defense is too spaced to collapse. Remember that we are playing a freshman G/F (Brandon) at center much of the game.
Last edited by NC Titan on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:47 pm

was thinking about this same issue pt. those of us who had a chance to see due can rembembe his amost perfect style in taking his shot. squared up. ball over his head. like a machine that never quit. tullos had the dead eye and it may well be that davis does too? time will tell. i recall due at an exhibition at the hall a few years back. gut was a bit larger but that shot was the same a d he just poured them in. seemingly effortless. cotton had the same gift. pure shooters both.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball