Radio Show

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Radio Show

Postby Titan Jim » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Well, I sure got geeked listening to Coach on the radio.
Titan Jim
Senior

Re: Radio Show

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Best show I’ve ever heard as long as I’ve been a fan. I like how coach gave insight - especially the part about Long working so hard this summer but then going home for a few weeks and coming back a touch out of shape. He said it in a respectful way and then praised Long’s last game. A lot of times coaches don’t give that kind of narrative and they just say token things. Davis openly talks about his philosophy and tells you what he thinks. We never had that with Ray or Bacari.

Also liked what he said about adjusting his scheduling philosophy and playing more opponents close to home so that our fans can attend more road games. He mentioned Marquette.

Coach also mentioned that while he doesn’t read the message boards, Antoine does. Keep doing your thing, AD!
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Best show I’ve ever heard as long as I’ve been a fan. I like how coach gave insight - especially the part about Long working so hard this summer but then going home for a few weeks and coming back a touch out of shape. He said it in a respectful way and then praised Long’s last game. A lot of times coaches don’t give that kind of narrative and they just say token things. Davis openly talks about his philosophy and tells you what he thinks. We never had that with Ray or Bacari.

Also liked what he said about adjusting his scheduling philosophy and playing more opponents close to home so that our fans can attend more road games. He mentioned Marquette.

Coach also mentioned that while he doesn’t read the message boards, Antoine does. Keep doing your thing, AD!

+1
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Best show I’ve ever heard as long as I’ve been a fan. I like how coach gave insight - especially the part about Long working so hard this summer but then going home for a few weeks and coming back a touch out of shape. He said it in a respectful way and then praised Long’s last game. A lot of times coaches don’t give that kind of narrative and they just say token things. Davis openly talks about his philosophy and tells you what he thinks. We never had that with Ray or Bacari.

Good summary. I caught most of the interview with Coach Davis and also think it was the best I’ve heard. He really likes the way Antoine and Josh are working together and said something like he wished he could have coached Josh sooner.
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Was there a good crowd tonight especially considering the not so good weather?
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby Titandodger » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Indeed! This is the best Josh has looked in his career. Playing a complete game and under control.
Titandodger
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:06 am

If you want to listen to the entire show, here is a link to a replay of it posted by our Athletic Department.

https://soundcloud.com/user-924664921/detroit-mercy-basketball-coaches-show-nov-26
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:45 am

it was the best turnout for any of the radio shows i’ve been too. lot of the old stalwarts were attending. nice crowd. hasty is doing a fine job. nary a splish splash to be heard!

technical problems with the speaker system limited the audio so had to stream it to hear. made it a little annoying. hope they sort that out by next month.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball