Promotions for 2018-19 season MBB games

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm

11/28 (vs. Kent St.) — Commuter Students Night

12/15 (vs. Ohio) — “Christmas in Calihan”; Community Day ($5 admission)

1/3 (vs. Wright St.) — Tommy Titan’s Birthday

1/5 (vs. Northern Kentucky) — Men’s Basketball Alumni Day

1/10 (vs. Green Bay) — Greek Night

1/12 (vs. Milwaukee) — Jr. Titan’s Club Day

1/19 (vs. Oakland) — Metro Series; Alumni Association Titan Winter Blast; Glow in the Dark Day
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: Promotions for 2018-19 season MBB games

Postby ExcitedTitan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:47 am

NO FLY DOGS, AGAIN?!? Who's running things down there, titanmac?
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:54 pm

:) not only that ET! we figured out how to use that fancy scoreboard and sound system for replays, media and music that doesn't sound like it was the brainchild of a refugee from the depression! the Great Depression that is......
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:44 am

A couple more promotions on the Titans’ MBB schedule:

1/31 (vs. Cleveland St.) — Military Appreciation Day

2/2 (vs. Youngstown St.) — Super Bowl Party
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Nice student support from the fraternities and sororities on Thursday’s “Greek Night.”

More students filling the north Section 313 bleachers today. Loved the high-flying acrobatic dunk team from the Pistons at halftime — bring ‘em back! Was also nice to see little kids on the court after the game shooting hoops and getting autographs and photos with the Titan players.

Expecting a great game atmosphere for the Metro Series game next Saturday.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Nice student support from the fraternities and sororities on Thursday’s “Greek Night.”

More students filling the north Section 313 bleachers today. Loved the high-flying acrobatic dunk team from the Pistons at halftime — bring ‘em back! Was also nice to see little kids on the court after the game shooting hoops and getting autographs and photos with the Titan players.

Expecting a great game atmosphere for the Metro Series game next Saturday.

Agreed, the dunk team was great!
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:44 pm

One of the things I enjoyed most about today's game was the players staying on the court and shooting with the kids during the Junior Titan Club promo instead of heading to the locker room as they always do. The entire team is having so much fun. After the game Davis was applauding the student section, had an on-court interview (Josh cut in for a cameo)...it was such a great scene. These guys really are close and winning breeds camaraderie. The crowd was enthusiastic throughout and now I think we'll have the bigger/noisier crowd Saturday, unlike last year's OU home game. I just hope our staff is ready and up to the task of handling a big crowd. I also hate our tickets this year -- you can't read the seat section/row/numbers. I usually don't bother someone sitting in my seats but I want mine Saturday. Especially if some OU trolls try to sit in them.

Too bad Hamrick (grades) and Isani (concussion) are missing but everyone is stepping up. I love what Brandon is bringing and Blackshear is so fired up and loving every minute. Early on our guards were quiet but I didn't panic or sense panic from anyone else on or off the court. I honestly believed that at least one of them would get hot, and they both did. Add King and Curry to the mix....Moore and Long give decent minutes. Long hit a huge 3. And remember that Milwaukee wouldn't go away and is going to be dangerous. They moved the ball well against our zone and can really shoot it.

By the way: Milwaukee spent all game fouling Davis as he blew by them (he's so tough for a scrawny guy) and then with the clock winding down they wanted to foul him to stop the clock as he dribbled but knew that would just be giving us 2 more points. He literally gives the entire defense fits. They were running 2 guys at him and he would blow by them both. He was hitting all the open guys with bullet passes. It's just a matter of figuring out how to play with a superstar; someone who draws all the attention. Literally, our forwards go basically unguarded until they have the ball. Even then, I think Milwaukee wanted anyone BUT Antoine to shoot the ball from just about anywhere...
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Is the Buddy’s promotion still going on? Free pizza with 80 points scored + a win.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:48 am

it is hoopster. there were aclot of titans there. somehow they taste better at the 6 mile venue.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Promotions have been added for the last two MBB games of the regular season:

2/28 (vs. IUPUI) — Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day

3/2 (vs. UIC) — Senior Day

These will also be doubleheader games with the WBB team.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:37 pm

are we going to have the high school band from the east side as guests again? those kids are great! it would have been perfect to find room for them at the oakland game. would have made a very good atmosphere great..... 'course none of this will ever hold a candle to the excitement and thrills afforded by the fly dogs......
titanmac
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball