Poll: Record in January (conf)

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

What will be are record at the end of January be (in confrence)

Poll ended at Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:00 pm

10-0
No votes
9-1
No votes
8-2
No votes
7-3
13%
6-4
25%
5-5
13%
4-6
25%
3-7
25%
2-8
No votes

Total votes : 8

Poll: Record in January (conf)

Postby JDetroitTitan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Also What will be the hardest game?
What is a must win game for you?
Which player will have the most (or best):
-Assists
-FT%
-FG%
-Rebounds
-Steals
Who will be the best player off the bench
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Re: Poll: Record in January (conf)

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:13 pm

6-4

Also What will be the hardest game? NKU. We will most likely lose this game, but if we pull off a W then we deserve to be seen as the new league team to beat.

What is a must win game for you? Oakland. Not so much because it’s our “rival.” I said in another thread, if our students/fans go to the OU game and witness a win in a crowded Calihan, it could just be the spark that gets our attendance going again.

-Assists McFolley
-FT% Davis
-FG% Curry
-Rebounds Blackshear
-Steals McFolley
Who will be the best player off the bench Hamrick
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:27 pm

7-3

Also What will be the hardest game? NKU
What is a must win game for you? NKU to prove we are the team to beat in the HL. A close second OU just because its are (media) rival. I am going with NKU right now because that win would be a bigger win for the program.

-Assists - AD
-FT% - King
-FG% - Blackshear
-Rebounds - Brandon
-Steals - McFolley
Who will be the best player off the bench - Hamrick with Curry a close second.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Crazy to think that tomorrow the HL season will be 1/3 over. It’s also funny how the non-con seems like a distant memory.

We have a very good chance (74% according to ESPN) to win tomorrow and sit at 5-1. Still too early to know who to root for in other HL games, other than it would be nice to see a team like NKU take a bad loss to some basement dwellers like YSU or CSU at some point. It probably would be good to see NKU take a home loss tonight against WSU, but you never know how the league will shake out.

Our win last night keeps us in Lunardi’s good graces: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

ESPN currently gives us a .2% chance of getting to the Sweet 16: http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-ba ... redictions
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:ESPN currently gives us a .2% chance of getting to the Sweet 16: http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-ba ... redictions

Considering that prior to the season most prognosticators gave us a zero percent chance of making the HL tournament, that's a big step.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:00 pm

I would be ecstatic if the NCAA bracket in March matched the Lunardi bracket today. An NCAA berth; a play-in game in Dayton, and (following the win) a first round game against Michigan in Columbus? I don't think anyone would have remotely dreamed of such things 7 months ago.

I'm as excited as the next guy, but let's keep on heads screwed on. We're 7-10 overall. Northern Kentucky spanked us by 20-some points 6 days ago. An injury to Antoine Davis and we may not win 3 more games the rest of the way. It's fun because it is so much more than we expected, because AD is just fun to watch, because the team works so hard, because improvement is visible every week, because there's so little off-court drama. I do think we can win the HL tournament and get to the big dance. But there's a long, long way to go.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Commissioner wrote:I would be ecstatic if the NCAA bracket in March matched the Lunardi bracket today. An NCAA berth; a play-in game in Dayton, and (following the win) a first round game against Michigan in Columbus? I don't think anyone would have remotely dreamed of such things 7 months ago.

I'm as excited as the next guy, but let's keep on heads screwed on. We're 7-10 overall. Northern Kentucky spanked us by 20-some points 6 days ago. An injury to Antoine Davis and we may not win 3 more games the rest of the way. It's fun because it is so much more than we expected, because AD is just fun to watch, because the team works so hard, because improvement is visible every week, because there's so little off-court drama. I do think we can win the HL tournament and get to the big dance. But there's a long, long way to go.

At the very least we have a good shot at the NIT, correct?
Titans03
Senior

Postby Shags-DC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 am

I think the Titans go 12-6 in conference and are 15-15 going into the Horizon tourney.

Very tough stretch of 5 straight road games from 2/7 to 2/23 against arguably the other 5 best teams in the league, and could conceivably lose all 5 of those games. I think we win the other 7, and will hope we win a couple of those 5 road games and beat my prediction
Shags-DC
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball