Apology from Josh McFolley

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Apology from Josh McFolley

Postby titanmike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 am

treyballl23‏ @Treyballl23 · Jan 5
I would like to apologize @detroittitans and the titan nation for the way I acted in today’s game. I would also like to apologize to the @HorizonLeague and there referees for today. This is definitely not the way I was brought up nor the way I want to represent my family/school.
titanmike
Senior

Re: Apology from Josh McFolley

Postby Commissioner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:37 am

Josh was averaging over 16 a game through the first 6 games, but has really had only a couple good shooting games since then (at YSU/CSU), and has seemed to be frustrated in recent games. I don't know exactly what happened on Saturday but hopefully this will get it all out of his system. We need Josh.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:57 am

If I were coach I'd have Josh bringing the ball up, both to define his role and to give AD some relief, keep him fresher. Josh can handle the ball, he can pass, he can be an effective shooter if the defense denies AD.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 am

NC Titan wrote:If I were coach I'd have Josh bringing the ball up, both to define his role and to give AD some relief, keep him fresher. Josh can handle the ball, he can pass, he can be an effective shooter if the defense denies AD.

I’ve noticed that when Josh has the ball at the point and AD is moving around the corners, good things tend to happen. It’s not always one of those two hitting a shot, but often King or someone else getting a very clean look. I agree, let Josh handle the ball more and mix things up to keep opponents guessing. Throw Isiani in the equation and we have a good degree of unpredictability with multiple high percentage shooters on the floor.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:56 am

I see Josh not going into shot blockers but falling away right before contact thus giving into the shot blocker. Thus he can not finish his drive and his attempt to contribute. He did not do this for the past three years but this year he is finishing like Grant and spending a lot of time laying on the floor. I like Josh's competitive nature and I am an advocate of Josh being in. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping Josh gets things worked out and is able to put the frustration behind him. We know he must present the possibility to penetrate in order to open up his step back 3. The apology is nice but it should be followed up with an apology from the leagues referee coordinator. There is way to much inconsistency in the way the games are called. One day it's close and hand checking is called and the next game holding and hand checking are okay. As a coach this has to be really frustrating for Davis. I am not just saying this to get a debate going. I truly feel the Horizon has turned into a garbage league and if we continue to stay we are just admitting that we do not mind the stench.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Well when you have a league commissioner around for almost 30 years who doesn't recognize how awful the officiating has been for several years now, you continue to get the same results.
titanmike
Senior

Postby candf1980 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:11 pm

McFolley got leveled twice on three pointers, one of which went in. Both times he ended up flat on his back with a defender on top of him. No call on either play. That has to be frustrating. No excuse for a T, but perhaps part of the reason he was so upset??

While I'm at it, McDonald surprises me when he goes back to play defense. I'm amazed that he is capable of vacating the lane. Seriously, there was one play where he established position in the lane with 28 on the shot clock and never stepped back out until NKU scored with around 5 on the clock. And he frequently moves both feet at the same time when he catches a pass before dribbling the ball.

Okay, I'm finished. On to UWGB.
candf1980
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball