Campaign for the University meets goal

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Campaign for the University meets goal

Postby ExcitedTitan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:16 pm

If they do put seats in the lower bowl they had better be better quality than at the Gentile Center. That set up is super flimsy. It also can't take up too much room since we need space for practice. I don't think the bleachers are keeping people upstairs.
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 am

Titan Athletics sent out this update today on the lighting project:

“As many of you know, we have been working hard to give our student athletes the best possible experience. I am proud to inform everyone that the “Lights on Titan Field” project is underway and we will have Lights on Titan Field up and ready to go for Soccer Night games in the next several weeks. We have some big events planned for our fans and alumni that we are currently working out the details for in September. We will be communicating the details shortly. It’s going to be a great Fall on Campus and the first time our sports teams have played night games outside in a very long time. This first phase is just the beginning of what we have in store for Titan Athletics!”

(Included in the announced events for Homecoming this year is a September 21, 7:00 pm, men’s soccer game versus UIC. I’ll be on campus tomorrow and will take a look to see how things are progressing at Titan Field.)
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 pm

The Sept 14 men's soccer game (Milwaukee) will be the first game under the lights. The official lighting of the lights will be the Sept 21 men's soccer game, with a ceremony and probably an acknowledgement of the major donors. Both games are 7 pm.

On a side note, the $100 million capital campaign currently stands at $106 million, with the campaign ending at the end of this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were not some major gifts floating in over the next few months. Work on the Student Union update will start soon and continue over a few years, turning the building into a welcome center and moving student services (financial aid, for instance) into the updated building. Drawings and plans for the new facility will be available at Homecoming.

At last year's Homecoming the basketball team had an open practice. I hope they do again this year so that we can get a glimpse of the new faces.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Titan Athletics sent out this update today on the lighting project:

“As many of you know, we have been working hard to give our student athletes the best possible experience. I am proud to inform everyone that the “Lights on Titan Field” project is underway and we will have Lights on Titan Field up and ready to go for Soccer Night games in the next several weeks. We have some big events planned for our fans and alumni that we are currently working out the details for in September. We will be communicating the details shortly. It’s going to be a great Fall on Campus and the first time our sports teams have played night games outside in a very long time. This first phase is just the beginning of what we have in store for Titan Athletics!”

(Included in the announced events for Homecoming this year is a September 21, 7:00 pm, men’s soccer game versus UIC. I’ll be on campus tomorrow and will take a look to see how things are progressing at Titan Field.)

A lot of activity surrounding the practicing men’s soccer team at Titan Field this afternoon. Sections of the four lighting poles have been delivered to the site. Workers were starting to dig the holes where the poles will rise. Probably should be functional in the very near future.
Rogobob77
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball