Poll: What Chant should the stundent section cheer

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Best chant

Warm up the bus
17%
Pizza
17%
Kampe can’t coach
17%
Kampe got sick so we got Antoine
33%
Threes from the D
No votes
OU wine and Kampe cries
No votes
Do it like Perry did
No votes
You soft like a teddy bear
17%
This ain’t the burbs and you ain’t that tough
No votes
OU scared
No votes

Total votes : 6

Poll: What Chant should the stundent section cheer

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:27 am

Favorite chant you want to hear
Last edited by JDetroitTitan on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Re: Poll: What Chant should the stundent section cheer

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 am

I favor the elegant simplicity of this homage to our football heritage.

Kick 'em in the teeth.
Sock 'em in the jaw.
Cemetery, Cemetery!
Rah, rah, rah!
ptctitan
Senior

Postby UDDRUMMER » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:26 am

I'd like to hear a pizza chant when we hit 80 points
I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Postby Shags-DC » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 am

I have an awesome idea for the perfect cheer! You guys are gonna love this!

How about . . .

Wait for it . . .

Let's Go Red!!

Another idea I had was . . . . Here we go Titans, here we go!

Whaddaya think? ;-)
Shags-DC
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:37 am

How about this for Antoine:

"We got Zero! You got nuthin' !!"
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am

I like “here we go Titans” - hopefully the cheer team has signs to get people to chant in unison.

Still pissed about the Saturday snow storm.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 am

NC Titan wrote:How about this for Antoine:

"We got Zero! You got nuthin' !!"

+1
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:39 pm

What exactly is a "stundent" section. Where is it located in relation to the student section? My guess is that OU fans are already making mocking posters.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Ha. Hopefully we don’t spell anything wrong on the ticket stubs this year. Didn’t we type “Saturdany” or something last year?
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Shags-DC » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Don't worry about it. Our president tweeted yesterday that: “Because of the Shutdown I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!”

To which, Burger King replied, "due to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders.
just serving hamburgers today."

:lol:

We are living in an era of alternative spellings.
Shags-DC
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm

An old Harvard cheer perhaps: “Emasculate them, emasculate them, make them relinquish the ball!”
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Commissioner wrote:What exactly is a "stundent" section. Where is it located in relation to the student section? My guess is that OU fans are already making mocking posters.

That's the section in the Squirrel Road Macaroni Grille where the Oakland fans will gather to nurse their battered psyches after we beat them on Saturday. ;) :) :D
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Haha. Macaroni Grill jokes are the best. I wonder where OUdrummer is this week. Could be chowing down on thawed out big chain bruschetta this very moment.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Can’t help but wonder, if we draw a good crowd and it’s an entertaining/close game, maybe ESPNU will pick up the game @ OU. Having the 2nd leading scorer in the country, and two teams in reasonable contention for a league championship is a good recipe.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:34 pm

It’s like Beetlejuice, except you only have to say my name once to get me to appear.

I too love Macaroni Grill jokes. Also funny is trying to find anywhere to eat near your ghetto campus. Best bet is the... Applebee’s on 8 mile? Ferndale where the people that live there want nothing to do with you and even the students in the school don’t want to go to Mercy?

Chain restaurants are hysterical. Especially the part where they’re located in areas people go to and eat.

Bet the OU cheers are louder again Saturday as they always are. OU students already have their tickets. Your students probably don’t even know there’s a game. They’ll get drunk and leave by halftime like they always do. Only ones that stay just make absolute fools of themselves and the school.

Game itself should actually be good. Nothing bad to say about AD from me. Once again, you guys are lucky to have a coach’s son agree to play for you. Luckily his dad is a great coach too and making your program look respectable in conference. Looking forward to the actual game on the court.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:46 pm

We do have a lot of coaches’ kids play for us. But, I’d rather rely on that method than recruit players who get kicked out of other programs for beating women (or, in the case of Felder, a guy who most likely beat women the whole time at OU but didn’t get caught until the Canadian Mounties got him).
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Oudrummer wrote:It’s like Beetlejuice, except you only have to say my name once to get me to appear.

I too love Macaroni Grill jokes. Also funny is trying to find anywhere to eat near your ghetto campus. Best bet is the... Applebee’s on 8 mile? Ferndale where the people that live there want nothing to do with you and even the students in the school don’t want to go to Mercy?

Chain restaurants are hysterical. Especially the part where they’re located in areas people go to and eat.

Bet the OU cheers are louder again Saturday as they always are. OU students already have their tickets. Your students probably don’t even know there’s a game. They’ll get drunk and leave by halftime like they always do. Only ones that stay just make absolute fools of themselves and the school.

Game itself should actually be good. Nothing bad to say about AD from me. Once again, you guys are lucky to have a coach’s son agree to play for you. Luckily his dad is a great coach too and making your program look respectable in conference. Looking forward to the actual game on the court.

How's Kay Felder doing?
Titans03
Senior

Postby Shags-DC » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:20 am

It's too bad none of Kampe's sons chose to play basketball. Press went to music school, Keith played baseball, Branch played football, and Twig was a dancer.
Shags-DC
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 pm

The first thing we should do is encourage the students to stay for the whole game. Leaving at halftime is ridiculous.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:41 pm

whats wrong with the pizza cheer? no votes? cmon! thats the one most likely to be used...

ps. the 3/4 page color picture of ad on the front page of this mornings freep sport section is way cool. pick one up! headline; "fire on the court"
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball