IUPUI

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: IUPUI

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 pm

TitanVoiceofReason wrote:By tone of his voice, all frosh starting lineup won't surprise me

#FabFive.2
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:29 pm

do any of you think Riley will get more playing time. He had 7 assists but 5 TOs
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:31 pm

yeah Rogo, #FabFive.2! :D
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Don't think Riley will play if Antoine can play this weekend. Riley and Josh both had 5 TO's.

I would not want to be McFolley, Blackshear, Hamrick, Holland or King on the ride home this afternoon. Or in practice next week. Coach is fed up with those who do not follow the rules of the zone on defense or stand around on offense like it is a playground game. And I think he is correct in that view.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:02 pm

ptctitan wrote:Don't think Riley will play if Antoine can play this weekend. Riley and Josh both had 5 TO's.

I would not want to be McFolley, Blackshear, Hamrick, Holland or King on the ride home this afternoon. Or in practice next week. Coach is fed up with those who do not follow the rules of the zone on defense or stand around on offense like it is a playground game. And I think he is correct in that view.

Holland would have fit in on last years team. I can not remember him making a pass this season. Talk about playground, ball hits his hands and he always takes it to the basket. I haven't looked at the box but I do know King turned the ball over the first 4 times he touched it. To's might have gone against the passer as the ball hit his hands and bounced off. I didn't think Blackshear played that poorly. he has bad hands but I thought there was good effort. Surprised Brandon didn't play more as he usually gives 100%. I liked Riley and a couple of his TO's were spot on just recipient wasn't ready, 2 were hot dogging.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby HoopLove247 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:59 pm

In my opinion we never gave our better players time to regroup from there mistakes. Sometimes early play doesn't dictate how you will play going foward.

If a player is out there playing on egg shells and looking at the sidelines it can affect there play.

No meaningful minutes were giving to our role players to see what they could do.
In my opinion nothing was learned from this game except Willy
King needed minutes to get back on track. 16min
Brandon 8min 2pts
Hamrick 5min 0pts
Long 9min 0pts
Moore 28min 0pts

A player can start off poorly and hit the game winner its basketball never give up.Encourage and support them build them up. I understand mistakes can hurt but let's look at the bigger picture. Can this player learn and get more comfortable and help me in the HL Tournement. New teams have growing pains. We lost by 15.
Last edited by HoopLove247 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoopLove247
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:39 pm

ptctitan
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:27 pm

We've had a rough week. We're on a 3 game losing streak. Our team is experiencing growing pains. Only 3 players are from last year's team. We have a new coach and staff with a new program and we added a bunch of new players. I believe we will use this past week to get back to playing the right way (which is, of course, the coach's way :D )and ultimately win our conference and on to NCAA March Madness!
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:56 pm

TitanVoiceofReason wrote:We've had a rough week. We're on a 3 game losing streak. Our team is experiencing growing pains. Only 3 players are from last year's team. We have a new coach and staff with a new program and we added a bunch of new players. I believe we will use this past week to get back to playing the right way (which is, of course, the coach's way :D )and ultimately win our conference and on to NCAA March Madness!

Yes. We have had a rough week. Coach Davis knows the team can play better because it has already done so earlier in January. He just wants our team to play like they did vs Wright State. And he knows the older guys can play better. Tough love and coaching plus a healthy AD will solve a lot of problems.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Disappointing week for sure. But after 3 nice wins earlier in the year, we got hammered at both Dayton and Toledo. But I felt we would come back from that and get back on track, which we did. And I expect the same now. Well at least if AD is healthy.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball