Northern Kentucky

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

AD threw the shoe so he could get back on defense, by the way. Wow! Was that ugly.
MooseGuy1
Senior
 
Posts: 3668
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

The 3 Stars of the Game
chosen by Tony Paul ;)

1. Drew McDonald
2. Trevon Faulkner
3. Antoine Davis

Unsung Player of the Game
Paul Djoko
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm

FFS. Two consecutive games with technical fouls for shoe related shenanigans.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm

What can you say?! It's done so we move on.
MooseGuy1
Senior
 
Posts: 3668
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:11 pm

The shoe tosses are definitely becoming a Mercy nun tradition. The Jesuits would never do that :lol:
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:What can you say?! It's done so we move on.

Well put, lets get them Saturday.

We better be ready cuz the Wright State coach was plenty mad after our game at Calihan
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Oakland lost to Wright State and Youngstown State won. UD better get our act together or we'll miss the playoffs
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:19 pm

The only good news tonight is that Milwaukee lost, because we will be battling them for the last spot in the league tourney.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby ptctitan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:21 pm

I'm not saying that we would have or should have won the game if the ref's had not permitted NKU to hand check, physically block AD on his cuts and generally commit other fouls, but I'm sick and tired of the HL crews and their BS officiating. AD threw his shoe off the court to his bench to get it off the floor. He did not throw it into the area of play. And the BS ref called a technical? In the last minute of the game? That we were losing by 30+?

It is very clear to me that the HL officials are out to show Coach Davis that they control the league. And they do not like his son or us at this point in time. That crew was BS. And it's hard to say how many times AD has to get flattened in a game before they call a foul.

As I started this rant. I'm not saying the outcome would have been different. However, this was not an enjoyable game to watch because the ref's permitted NKU to play physically against AD and did not let us play physically against NKU. We had no FT's in the first half. NKU was only whistled for 4 or 5 fouls in the first half.

Let's get our team better and move out of this BS league.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby ptctitan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 pm

NKU will have its turn in the barrel. And I hope we run up the score on them. I lost a lot of respect for their coach tonight.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby ptctitan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:53 pm

And I'm also angry at and very disappointed at the apparent lack of effort, lack of caring, lack of discipline by some of our players during this game. Too many Titan players exhibited no toughness tonight. Too many relapsed to rec ball. Too many had no clue where the ball was. Too many never hustled to get the ball.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 pm

ptctitan wrote:And I'm also angry at and very disappointed at the apparent lack of effort, lack of caring, lack of discipline by some of our players during this game. Too many Titan players exhibited no toughness tonight. Too many relapsed to rec ball. Too many had no clue where the ball was. Too many never hustled to get the ball.


I was thinking they should put Kings picture on Charmin Tissue because there can't be anything softer. On one play he got out of the way to make sure he didn't bother a dunk. Weak soft and really bad for a fifth year senior. We quit playing Brandon and we quit winning. What happened to the 7-8 man rotation. It has never happened once this year.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:34 pm

We’re now just a game up on 8th place YSU, two games up on 9th place Milwaukee. If the Titans end the season with the same record as either or both those teams, I believe UDM’s win against Wright St. (likely they will finish near the top of the Horizon standings) could very well be the tiebreaker that sneaks them into the Horizon tournament.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:46 pm

If Milwaukee loses at Cleveland State on Saturday (very possible), they’ll be dragged into the cellar with the Vikings with pretty no chance of getting out and making the conference tournament.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 am

upbasketballfan wrote:
ptctitan wrote:And I'm also angry at and very disappointed at the apparent lack of effort, lack of caring, lack of discipline by some of our players during this game. Too many Titan players exhibited no toughness tonight. Too many relapsed to rec ball. Too many had no clue where the ball was. Too many never hustled to get the ball.


I was thinking they should put Kings picture on Charmin Tissue because there can't be anything softer. On one play he got out of the way to make sure he didn't bother a dunk. Weak soft and really bad for a fifth year senior. We quit playing Brandon and we quit winning. What happened to the 7-8 man rotation. It has never happened once this year.


As I stated on the other board King must really get off in practice, I dont understand why he plays so much, on the other hand Brandon must not be giving "effort" in practice. The 7-8 man rotation has yet to appear.
R.B.J1
Senior
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby 77-85Titan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:09 am

33-8 in assists. It gets worse every game. Can someone learn to pass for crying out loud?
77-85Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby ptctitan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:35 am

You can't get credit for an assist when the guy you pass it to misses the shot.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Oudrummer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Just wondering if any of you have a reply to something I saw on twitter.

If any other coach acted the way Davis did last night and frankly has been for a few weeks, you’d be relentless on how classless they were and how you guys are glad your coach would never do that.

Thoughts? Back to back years you’ve had a coach tell a kid to suck his d*ck and now your new coach telling opposing fans “I hope you all come back next year cause we’re going to kick your fucking a**.” Not a great look for the private religious school is it?
Oudrummer
Senior
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:39 pm

ptctitan wrote:You can't get credit for an assist when the guy you pass it to misses the shot.


Fact check: I looked this up and it’s true.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Northern Kentucky

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Just wondering if any of you have a reply to something I saw on twitter.

If any other coach acted the way Davis did last night and frankly has been for a few weeks, you’d be relentless on how classless they were and how you guys are glad your coach would never do that.

Thoughts? Back to back years you’ve had a coach tell a kid to suck his d*ck and now your new coach telling opposing fans “I hope you all come back next year cause we’re going to kick your fucking a**.” Not a great look for the private religious school is it?


First, you guys gave instructor of the year awards to a guy who gave students ketamine and raped them. And you’ve had at least 5 MBB players in recent memory that beat women. Why do you keep coming back here and trying to take moral high ground?

Truth is this: BA was disciplined because he put a student athlete in an uncomfortable position and went too far by demeaning him in front of his teammates. Not because he used a swear word. BA was fired because he had a bad basketball team.

Swearing isn’t a sin. Are you Catholic? Because in my experience Catholics swear . . . a lot. We’re not Valpo or BYU, dude.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests