Wright State

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Wright State

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 pm

R.B.J1 wrote:
MooseGuy1 wrote:That was fun. Coach Davis lobbying the fans is a hoot! Juvenile? Maybe. But we need some kind of fire and I'll take it.

Onto the game at hand. We could easily be tied or ahead if:

1. Josh would play under control. I think the world of him and I know he wants to win badly but he's trying to do too much.

2. We'd stop jacking up off balance 3s so early in the shot clock. Wasted possessions mostly.

3. The HL referees weren't so awful. They are seriously out to screw us. It may be because Coach Davis hasn't precisely endeared himself with the zebras this year but, still, these guys are wretched. They have no professionalism. Really lame bunch. I hate this league more every day.

4. We had a big man. Zero presence in the post and that just draws the defense out to defend outside shots. And now that they can rough up Antoine whenever they want, our lack of an inside game is even more critical.

*Mac, what's with you?! I always think of Kentucky when someone says Norse. No, sorry, my bad. I meant I think of Kentucky when someone says horse.

#2. This has been irritating to me since the onset of the BA era. JJJr. and AD have taken it to another level. Can we make at least one pass before we throw up a contested 35 feet three pointer off of one leg?

Exactly. It's like watching a bad film clip repeatedly. The one legged falling back heave the ball with hands in your face play. It's like I wake up at night seeing it. Please run some kind of set once in a while. Passing is allowed in this league...I think.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm

I dont see coach Davis on the bench, did he get tossed? I am watching the game and working at the same time?
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby TitanONeill » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Yeah got tossed at about 1530 left into the 2nd half. He was protecting his players and the a hole refs had it in for him. Ironically it's the same refs (especially the white dude with bald head) that hates us for some reason.
TitanONeill
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:10 pm

TitanONeill wrote:Yeah got tossed at about 1530 left into the 2nd half. He was protecting his players and the a hole refs had it in for him. Ironically it's the same refs (especially the white dude with bald head) that hates us for some reason.

I hate the officiating this year. Coach Davis is wearing a bullseye on his back.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:18 pm

We have consistently gotten our butts whipped, but this team continues to try. Thats the only silver lining I can take from these last two thrashings.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 pm

They won the last 1:30.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:26 pm

Tough games to watch. We'll get better but there are growing pains to go through. Coach Davis getting tossed for basically coming on the court to check on his son's injury is truly galling.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Big DWSU » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:Coach Davis getting tossed for basically coming on the court to check on his son's injury is truly galling.

He got tossed for dropping about 15 bombs that I could hear from the other side of the court.
Big DWSU
Sophmore

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:45 pm

The 3 Stars of the Game
chosen by Tony Paul ;)

1. Parker Ernsthausen
2. Loudon Love
3. Harrison Curry

Unsung Player of the Game
Antoine Davis
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Big DWSU wrote:
MooseGuy1 wrote:Coach Davis getting tossed for basically coming on the court to check on his son's injury is truly galling.

He got tossed for dropping about 15 bombs that I could hear from the other side of the court.

A shout out to Coach Davis for coming to his players' defense
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby 1975SHjoe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm

We had two assist at wright St., , two. Unless coach can remedy this obvious problem I see no chance to finish in the top eight or make any noise in the HL Tourny.
1975SHjoe
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:11 pm

It appeared to our coaches that Love had stepped on Antoine's chest with his right heel after the play was over. That is why Coach Davis was so mad. From the TV, it looked like Coach Davis was directing some choice words at Love.

I have seen Love do that same thing in two other HL games against UIC where he acts like he is tied up with the opponent he has fouled and then he steps on the player while pretending that he is trying to extricate himself from the pile. In one case, he was assessed a technical because the referee saw it. In the other case, he got away with it. Love is a dirty player in addition to being very physical.

In this case, the TV replays seemed inconclusive because the camera angle was not focused on the floor. All one can say is that Love's right heel came across Antoine's chest while Antoine was laying on the floor.

In the postgame interview on radio, Asst Coach Dildy said that the referees said that Love's act of stepping on Antoine's chest was inadvertent. And that's what set Coach Davis off for the second technical. When Antoine was put back in the game later in the half, his breathing was labored and he was removed and had x-rays taken of his chest.

Dildy also said that the HL is not protecting their best nationally known player and that the referees are calling the games much differently than the league said they would be called in the 90 minute pre-season officiating tape given to each HL school.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 am

1975SHjoe wrote:We had two assist at wright St., , two. Unless coach can remedy this obvious problem I see no chance to finish in the top eight or make any noise in the HL Tourny.

Milwaukee (currently on a five-game losing streak) is two games back in the win column, and the Titans are likely to hold the tiebreaker with the Panthers because they have a victory over WSU. So even if UDM doesn’t win another game, UWM would need to win at least three of its last six games to knock the Titans out of the 8th playoff spot. So “no chance” for UDM to make the Horizon playoffs if they don’t start playing better is a bit of an overstatement. That said, it’s clear the Titans have been headed in the wrong direction and have little time to reverse the downward spiral.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 am

Rogobob77 wrote:

Who Cares? Have you guys had enough of this conference yet? If it was my son he wouldn't play another game in this league. I personally am sick and tired of this CRAP.

BBCode is ON

[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON

Smilies are ON
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 am

ptctitan wrote:It appeared to our coaches that Love had stepped on Antoine's chest with his right heel after the play was over. That is why Coach Davis was so mad. From the TV, it looked like Coach Davis was directing some choice words at Love.

I have seen Love do that same thing in two other HL games against UIC where he acts like he is tied up with the opponent he has fouled and then he steps on the player while pretending that he is trying to extricate himself from the pile. In one case, he was assessed a technical because the referee saw it. In the other case, he got away with it. Love is a dirty player in addition to being very physical.

In this case, the TV replays seemed inconclusive because the camera angle was not focused on the floor. All one can say is that Love's right heel came across Antoine's chest while Antoine was laying on the floor.

In the postgame interview on radio, Asst Coach Dildy said that the referees said that Love's act of stepping on Antoine's chest was inadvertent. And that's what set Coach Davis off for the second technical. When Antoine was put back in the game later in the half, his breathing was labored and he was removed and had x-rays taken of his chest.

Dildy also said that the HL is not protecting their best nationally known player and that the referees are calling the games much differently than the league said they would be called in the 90 minute pre-season officiating tape given to each HL school.

Our school should file a protest with the league office and ask for a hearing about this matter. As evidence we should submit film as well as eye witness testimony from Antoine Davis and anyone else who saw the play. Plus cite evidence from other games where Love has committed similar dirty plays including the UIC game mentioned in another post as well as our game at Calihan Hall. Love should face a suspension by the league for the rest of the season including any post season games. The Conference Commissioner should review this play plus this player's conduct in other games and issue a suspension. LeCrone has a duty to protect the players in our league from dirty shots, especially when this isn't a first time offense. He certainly appears to be a cheap shot artist. As commissioner, LeCrone can overrule the referees call and enforce a penalty. Earlier in the game, it appeared that Davis took a forearm in the face. Not sure which WSU player did this.
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 am

This was the third game out of the last 4 against Wright State in which one of our star players was injured by a cheap shot.

1. Last year's leading scorer, Kam Chatman was cut open by a Wright State player's elbow at Calihan Hall in January 2018. This caused him to miss the next 3 games.

2. Last year, at WSU, after the whistle, Ernsthausen threw down Josh McFolley who was simply finishing a lay-up. McFolley fought back and was ejected. Ernsthausen was permitted to remain in the game and only assessed a technical.

3. Last night, after rotating late and missing a block on Antoine, Loudon Love deliberately turned his right hip into a defenseless Davis who was in the air and knocked him hard to the floor on his back. Then, while pretending to look away, Love's stepped on Antoine's chest with his right foot. Davis was injured. He could not continue to play in the game because his ribs hurt and his breathing was labored. Hopefully, the x-rays show no broken ribs or damage to his lungs.

I have seen Love do this before in other HL games. He was an offensive lineman in high school; and, this is an old offensive lineman cheap shot you see even in the NFL to this day.

These 3 incidents in the past 12 months suggest a dangerous coaching culture at Wright State in which they use their bigger players to intentionally injure the best scorers on opposing teams.

Love intentionally targeted Davis last night. Ernsthausen intentionally targeted Josh after the whistle last year in about the same spot on the floor and under the same basket. Chatman took an elbow to the head from a WSU player in a close game at Calihan, was bleeding, and had to be removed for awhile.

Sorry, but there are too many plays like these happening to our best scorers to claim mere coincidence.

The HL and its referees are a danger to the health and safety of our players. The officials are letting our players be targeted for injury on the court. At Wright State, this is obviously the culture that Nagy wants. Quite frankly, his program is a disgrace to the sport. And I dislike his team and him far more than I dislike Oakland.

This goes beyond just the excessive physical play against Antoine that is permitted by the HL. Ever since the HL joined the Officials' Consortium and the Consortium placed Kitts as the coordinator of officials for the HL, Wright State has been permitted to injure our best players. In fact, you could read Nagy's comments after we beat them in January and Antoine put up 48 against them as a threat and an incentive to his players to injure Antoine deliberately. Who knows if there is a bounty program there? But, just like last year, our best scorer gets deliberately injured. If that's what constitutes a basketball play in the HL, then we should withdraw for the safety of our players.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:26 am

ptctitan wrote:This was the third game out of the last 4 against Wright State in which one of our star players was injured by a cheap shot.

1. Last year's leading scorer, Kam Chatman was cut open by a Wright State player's elbow at Calihan Hall in January 2018. This caused him to miss the next 3 games.

2. Last year, at WSU, after the whistle, Ernsthausen threw down Josh McFolley who was simply finishing a lay-up. McFolley fought back and was ejected. Ernsthausen was permitted to remain in the game and only assessed a technical.

3. Last night, after rotating late and missing a block on Antoine, Loudon Love deliberately turned his right hip into a defenseless Davis who was in the air and knocked him hard to the floor on his back. Then, while pretending to look away, Love's stepped on Antoine's chest with his right foot. Davis was injured. He could not continue to play in the game because his ribs hurt and his breathing was labored. Hopefully, the x-rays show no broken ribs or damage to his lungs.

I have seen Love do this before in other HL games. He was an offensive lineman in high school; and, this is an old offensive lineman cheap shot you see even in the NFL to this day.

These 3 incidents in the past 12 months suggest a dangerous coaching culture at Wright State in which they use their bigger players to intentionally injure the best scorers on opposing teams.

Love intentionally targeted Davis last night. Ernsthausen intentionally targeted Josh after the whistle last year in about the same spot on the floor and under the same basket. Chatman took an elbow to the head from a WSU player in a close game at Calihan, was bleeding, and had to be removed for awhile.

Sorry, but there are too many plays like these happening to our best scorers to claim mere coincidence.

The HL and its referees are a danger to the health and safety of our players. The officials are letting our players be targeted for injury on the court. At Wright State, this is obviously the culture that Nagy wants. Quite frankly, his program is a disgrace to the sport. And I dislike his team and him far more than I dislike Oakland.

This goes beyond just the excessive physical play against Antoine that is permitted by the HL. Ever since the HL joined the Officials' Consortium and the Consortium placed Kitts as the coordinator of officials for the HL, Wright State has been permitted to injure our best players. In fact, you could read Nagy's comments after we beat them in January and Antoine put up 48 against them as a threat and an incentive to his players to injure Antoine deliberately. Who knows if there is a bounty program there? But, just like last year, our best scorer gets deliberately injured. If that's what constitutes a basketball play in the HL, then we should withdraw for the safety of our players.

+1 I wonder where Vowels stands on this. Perfect out from this League with no fees due back. Now might be a perfect exit time. Join another League and sue the Horizon for damages and fees to enter new League. Join new league with no prior notice to Horizon, do our full schedule and notify as late as possible with Notice. I'm counting on our Attorneys being bigger and better than their Attorneys. I agree 100% that the hack that they have employed as a coach did threaten this team and did willfully carry out his threat with no repercussions from League thus making League liable. Or prerogative is stay and quit recruiting basketball players and start recruiting thugs.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:06 am

UP, you’re not a lawyer are you?
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:28 am

Tacitus651 wrote:UP, you’re not a lawyer are you?

No I am not? Shoot a hole in it. I have done a lot of things during my life that were described as not doable. So I guess I am hoping the University has the fortitude to do the same.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:UP, you’re not a lawyer are you?

No I am not? Shoot a hole in it. I have done a lot of things during my life that were described as not doable. So I guess I am hoping the University has the fortitude to do the same.

Tac. where are you? Short and sweet, why not? Are you crepuscular?
upbasketballfan
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball