Brackets announced for 2020 Horizon basketball tournament

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Brackets announced for 2020 Horizon basketball tournament

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Calls for ten teams, four rounds, reshuffled seeds after first round and again for the semifinals in Indy, top two seeds get byes into the semifinals:

http://www.horizonleague.org/news/2019/ ... ships.aspx

This format obviously awards a high reward for finishing the regular season in first or second place.
Last edited by Rogobob77 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: Brackets announced for 2020 Horizon basketball tournamen

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:38 pm

So what happens to the seeding if we lose our APR appeal but win the regular season?
ptctitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:00 pm

ptctitan wrote:So what happens to the seeding if we lose our APR appeal but win the regular season?

Earlier posts on this board say that a school that fails APR cannot compete in the league championship tournament.

I wonder if the Belgian who took himself out of the running to become a Titan is Sam Hofman, who is listed as 6-foot-5. The news around the APR said we lost a 6-foot-8 Belgian.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:02 pm

ptctitan wrote:So what happens to the seeding if we lose our APR appeal but win the regular season?

My guess is the #3 seed would get a first round bye.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm

NC Titan wrote:

Earlier posts on this board say that a school that fails APR cannot compete in the league championship tournament.

I wonder if the Belgian who took himself out of the running to become a Titan is Sam Hofman, who is listed as 6-foot-5. The news around the APR said we lost a 6-foot-8 Belgian.

It’s my understanding that NCAA rules don’t prohibit a banned team from participating in a league tournament, but most conferences have a bylaw provision that exclude such teams from the event.

Heard Hofman recently signed an agreement to become a Titan, not an LOI per se but it binds a foreign player. Read something that indicated that we lost a 6-8 Belgium late due at least in part to the murky NCAA tournament eligibility situation and the recruit ended up at Illinois.
Rogobob77
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball