2020 commit - PG Kyle LeGreair

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: 2020 commit - PG Kyle LeGreair

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:18 am

Cass Tech (15-1) beat Detroit Western yesterday, 60-45. They host Detroit CMA at 7 p.m. on Tuesday in the PSL semi-final round. If the heavily favored Technicians win there, Titan fans can scout out Kyle LeGreair on Friday night at Calihan Hall when the league championship game tips at 7:30 p.m.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:44 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Cass Tech (15-1) beat Detroit Western yesterday, 60-45. They host Detroit CMA at 7 p.m. on Tuesday in the PSL semi-final round. If the heavily favored Technicians win there, Titan fans can scout out Kyle LeGreair on Friday night at Calihan Hall when the league championship game tips at 7:30 p.m.

Doesn’t look like we’ll see LeGreier in Calihan on Friday — Cass Tech was disqualified from the PSL playoff due to using an ineligible player in their last game. There’s an appeal pending, so things could still change. In the other semifinal matchup, Detroit Douglas beat King tonight. A Detroit News story with some details at link:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 730805002/
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:Cass Tech (15-1) beat Detroit Western yesterday, 60-45. They host Detroit CMA at 7 p.m. on Tuesday in the PSL semi-final round. If the heavily favored Technicians win there, Titan fans can scout out Kyle LeGreair on Friday night at Calihan Hall when the league championship game tips at 7:30 p.m.

Doesn’t look like we’ll see LeGreier in Calihan on Friday — Cass Tech was disqualified from the PSL playoff due to using an ineligible player in their last game. There’s an appeal pending, so things could still change. In the other semifinal matchup, Detroit Douglas beat King tonight. A Detroit News story with some details at link:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 730805002/

Appeal apparently granted. The playoff game for Cass and CMA is back on, will be played at 6 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 13, at East English Village Preparatory Academy.

The Detroit PSL certainly has a speedier appeal process than the NCAA.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:35 am

Cass Tech wins 53-44 over Detroit CMA, moves on to play Douglass tomorrow in the PSL title game at Calihan Hall.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby EarlTheTwirl » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 pm

Did you go to the game Rogo? How did the future Titan play?
EarlTheTwirl
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:11 am

EarlTheTwirl wrote:Did you go to the game Rogo? How did the future Titan play?

Sorry, I didn’t make it to the game tonight so no scouting report to share. Cass did win by 25. Here’s the game story from the Detroit News:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 767443002/

Also of interest, Detroit Douglas has two talented juniors (Brooks and Randle) that have been offered by the Titans.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:
EarlTheTwirl wrote:Did you go to the game Rogo? How did the future Titan play?

Sorry, I didn’t make it to the game tonight so no scouting report to share. Cass did win by 25. Here’s the game story from the Detroit News:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 767443002/

Also of interest, Detroit Douglas has two talented juniors (Brooks and Randle) that have been offered by the Titans.

LeGreair had 11 assists, 10 rebounds, and 5 steals in the championship game last night. The D Zone Basketball site Tweeted “LeGreair doesn’t get as much attention as he plays along side superstar Tyson Acuff but he is an enormous part of the team’s success. Unselfish and gets assists galore.”
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am

Titan recruit Kyle LeGreair returns to Detroit Mercy campus this Thursday night:

Operation Friendship Championship Game at 7:00 p.m at Calihan Hall

PSL Champs (Cass Tech) vs. Catholic League Champs (St. Mary’s)
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:13 am

Rogobob77 wrote:Titan recruit Kyle LeGreair returns to Detroit Mercy campus this Thursday night:

Operation Friendship Championship Game at 7:00 p.m at Calihan Hall

PSL Champs (Cass Tech) vs. Catholic League Champs (St. Mary’s)

Orchard Lake St. Mary's wins Operation Friendship game in OT. LeGrear had 12 points, hit a couple big three pointers to help Cass roar back from a 19 point deficit. He’s a very fast player, athletic, gets his share of rebounds for a six-foot point guard. Here’s a nice long game story from the Detroit News:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 970794002/
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:08 pm

I'm not sure if you saw the game or not, Rogo. I was there and really don't think you could in any way portray last night's game as a positive one for Kyle. That's the only time I've seen him in person, but I'm assuming that it must have been one of his worst performances.

Positive note, he does some things very well... like pushing the ball up the floor and passing. However, I'd caution anyone against expecting too much from him early. Offensively, he has a very long way to go.
udballer
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:28 pm

udballer wrote:I'm not sure if you saw the game or not, Rogo. I was there and really don't think you could in any way portray last night's game as a positive one for Kyle. That's the only time I've seen him in person, but I'm assuming that it must have been one of his worst performances.

Positive note, he does some things very well... like pushing the ball up the floor and passing. However, I'd caution anyone against expecting too much from him early. Offensively, he has a very long way to go.

Yes, I was at the game, and I think your assessment is accurate. I was focusing on the positives — athleticism and speed down the court — but agree that he’s not going to be the answer to the Titans’ need for a point guard in his freshmen year.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Cool. Glad we're on the same page. I think he'll be a contributor down the road. I also felt he played solid defense from buzzer to buzzer. Probably would be able to handle similar sized guards as doin as he arrives on campus.

From yesterday (only), I thought Julian Roper was the most promising player on the court. Very smooth. Similar to EC Matthews, I thought.
udballer
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:18 pm

udballer wrote:Cool. Glad we're on the same page. I think he'll be a contributor down the road. I also felt he played solid defense from buzzer to buzzer. Probably would be able to handle similar sized guards as doin as he arrives on campus.

From yesterday (only), I thought Julian Roper was the most promising player on the court. Very smooth. Similar to EC Matthews, I thought.

Yes, impressed with Roper. He has offers from Wisconsin, Ohio St., etc.

Not sure if you saw the first game, UDJ versus Detroit Frederick Douglas. Douglas had a Junior big man the Titans have offered — Javantae Randle.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Please don’t criticize our recruits on this message board. I don’t want any spoilers, I’d like to wait for coach’s post-game interviews this November to hear about how LeGreair sucks.
“We gotta get some guys that love Detroit Mercy more than just being on a basketball team, playing basketball and going on trips.” - Head Coach Mike Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:
udballer wrote:Cool. Glad we're on the same page. I think he'll be a contributor down the road. I also felt he played solid defense from buzzer to buzzer. Probably would be able to handle similar sized guards as doin as he arrives on campus.

Yes, impressed with Roper. He has offers from Wisconsin, Ohio St., etc.

Not sure if you saw the first game, UDJ versus Detroit Frederick Douglas. Douglas had a Junior big man the Titans have offered — Javantae Randle.

Did not see that game. Thanks for the heads up. I'll down with any long-term big man. Did you see that one? If so, how'd he look?
udballer
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:45 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Please don’t criticize our recruits on this message board. I don’t want any spoilers, I’d like to wait for coach’s post-game interviews this November to hear about how LeGreair sucks.

Now... that S***'s just funny.
udballer
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:55 pm

I was also at the City Friendship Game and it was interesting because with about 3 DI players on each team, it was almost comparable to a low-level college game. If I got my pick of players from that game, I would take Bowman, the OLSM guard going to Wisconsin.

LeGreair was about the 5th best player on the court. He's about equal to backcourt runningmate Kalen King, a JR being recruited by the big schools for football. Tyson Acuff (their scorer) is 6-4 and explosive. He would have looked great in a Titan jersey but he's another one we lost to Duquesne.

LeGreair is smooth and fast, strong for his size, aggressive on defense and an excellent leaper. Cass Tech plays a 1-2-2 with Acuff up top, so LeGreair actually spends a good amount of time boxing out and crashing the boards. He runs the point on offense and is a solid, but not flashy ballhandler. But he is unselfish and a very good passer who sees the court well. He has court awareness and savvy.

At 6-foot without a great shot, I question his upside. No doubt he can be a decent role player and if he works hard on his shooting maybe more than that.
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:34 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:At 6-foot without a great shot, I question his upside. No doubt he can be a decent role player and if he works hard on his shooting maybe more than that.

Maybe he can take 50,000 or so jump shots over the summer.

Tom, how will he pair up as a backcourt mate to Liedel a few seasons down the road?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby udballer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:27 pm

They'd certainly be the shortest starting backcourt in thre Horizon. If everything went absolutely perfect for both of them, as seniors you'd be looking at Woody Payne and Jon Goode. That's not a knock on them either as that's a decent ceiling to have.
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:55 am

udballer wrote:They'd certainly be the shortest starting backcourt in thre Horizon. If everything went absolutely perfect for both of them, as seniors you'd be looking at Woody Payne and Jon Goode. That's not a knock on them either as that's a decent ceiling to have.

By their senior season we will probably be in the GLIAC. Those two will change the landscape of that league.
“We gotta get some guys that love Detroit Mercy more than just being on a basketball team, playing basketball and going on trips.” - Head Coach Mike Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball