8 Player Rotation

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

8 Player Rotation

Postby titandave » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Based on what it appears to be our current roster; here's a possible 8 player rotation.

Backcourt: Davis, Callipari, Maxwell
SF: Moore or Brandon
PF: Curry, Isiani
Center: Miller, Nguidjol
titandave
Senior
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:45 pm

titandave wrote:Based on what it appears to be our current roster; here's a possible 8 player rotation.

Backcourt: Davis, Callipari, Maxwell
SF: Moore or Brandon
PF: Curry, Isiani
Center: Miller, Nguidjol

I don’t think Miller will be eligible until next season.

I believe there still could be some currently under-the-radar personnel that might emerge. I think the complete roster will probably be released in late September, similar to last year.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3385
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:
I believe there still could be some currently under-the-radar personnel that might emerge.
[/quote]

How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa Claus?
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Santa is coming to town!
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3385
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:48 pm

Image
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby ptctitan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:58 am

A titan fan awaiting news on the roster ... :D

Image
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby theroundsquare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Here's the roster. Which one is the one Santa brought?

https://detroittitans.com/news/2019/9/2 ... ath=mbball
theroundsquare
Senior
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Harrison Curry is gone.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3385
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Harrison Curry is gone.

Something I read on another message board indicated he’s still in school, but not on roster due to what would amount to a college career ending injury.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3385
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby 1975SHjoe » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:52 pm

I for one am still optimistic that the bigs will arrive sooner than later. Verbal commits show 1002 transfers the latest being a player going from Penn State ro Iowa State today 9/25. The bigs could end up taking evening class( a compacted semester) and practice with the team. So I take coachs word that he will get his rim protector. Hoffman and Miller will be difficult to defend given their size Think Jaleel Hogan.
1975SHjoe
Senior
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby ptctitan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 am

We'll be fine for the first part of the schedule. I understand that if we add players for second semester, the first game they could most likely play in would be home vs Northeastern.

We remained competitive at NKU in the playoffs with a line-up in which Isiani and Long played post.

Justin Miller gives us size underneath. Our freshmen other than Antoine will be back with more experience. Moore, Isiani, Brandon, and Boe Nguidjol. Moore came on strong in the final 10 or so games of last season. Brandon has tremendous athletic ability if that can be translated into better basketball skills. Isiani may be the best outside shooter on the team and he is healthy. Nguidjol showed flashes of ability last year. At 6'8" 225 lbs, he has a lot of potential.

B.J. Maxwell had a better KenPom offense rating last year than Zion Williamson (by 1/10th of a point). Calipari can catch and shoot. Hofman has 3-point range and size.

With the 3-point line further out to conform with international rules, a smaller, mobile team could cause match-up problems for some defenses. This group of 13 will become proficient at small ball. And there will be games in which we need that small ball skill in order to match up against an opponent.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby titandave » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:46 pm

ptctitan wrote:We'll be fine for the first part of the schedule. I understand that if we add players for second semester, the first game they could most likely play in would be home vs Northeastern. We remained competitive at NKU in the playoffs with a line-up in which Isiani and Long played post. Justin Miller gives us size underneath. Our freshmen other than Antoine will be back with more experience. Moore, Isiani, Brandon, and Boe Nguidjol. Moore came on strong in the final 10 or so games of last season. Brandon has tremendous athletic ability if that can be translated into better basketball skills. Isiani may be the best outside shooter on the team and he is healthy. Nguidjol showed flashes of ability last year. At 6'8" 225 lbs, he has a lot of potential. B.J. Maxwell had a better KenPom offense rating last year than Zion Williamson (by 1/10th of a point). Calipari can catch and shoot. Hofman has 3-point range and size. With the 3-point line further out to conform with international rules, a smaller, mobile team could cause match-up problems for some defenses. This group of 13 will become proficient at small ball. And there will be games in which we need that small ball skill in order to match up against an opponent.


I agree; last season there were times when Boe Nguidjol displayed flashes of his ability. With Harrison Curry unable to play (very unfortunate for him and our squad) ..... Boe certainly has a golden opportunity to earn lots of playing time.
titandave
Senior
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby dennycrane » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:26 am

I took a look at Clemson's roster, pct, and they have 6'11", 6' 10" and 2 players 6'8", while the Wolf Pack have 6'11", 6' 10" and 6' 11" post players. But, you think Boe will match up just fine against these guys, right? That's the early part of the schedule and the Power 5 teams always have that kind of height, if they hope to be successful, that is. Notre Dame is coming off a bad year; I didn't check their roster. Wyoming isn't Power 5, same there.
dennycrane
Senior
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 am

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby ptctitan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:29 pm

dennycrane wrote:I took a look at Clemson's roster, pct, and they have 6'11", 6' 10" and 2 players 6'8", while the Wolf Pack have 6'11", 6' 10" and 6' 11" post players. But, you think Boe will match up just fine against these guys, right? That's the early part of the schedule and the Power 5 teams always have that kind of height, if they hope to be successful, that is. Notre Dame is coming off a bad year; I didn't check their roster. Wyoming isn't Power 5, same there.


denny - we won't match up against them individually when we're on defense. Obviously, it would have been better that our big men recruit(s) be able to play a full season. But that's no different than last season when Blackshear was the only player taller than 6'8". However, on offense we could return the favor by causing them problems - especially with the new 3-point line being farther out. If our ball rotation causes Antoine, Maxwell or another player to be guarded by a taller man, then the match-up could switch in our favor. You see that in the NBA all the time. If our 5 returning soph's improve, then we'll be OK.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Commissioner » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:53 pm

dennycrane wrote:I took a look at Clemson's roster, pct, and they have 6'11", 6' 10" and 2 players 6'8", while the Wolf Pack have 6'11", 6' 10" and 6' 11" post players. But, you think Boe will match up just fine against these guys, right? That's the early part of the schedule and the Power 5 teams always have that kind of height, if they hope to be successful, that is. Notre Dame is coming off a bad year; I didn't check their roster. Wyoming isn't Power 5, same there.

Notre Dame has everyone back from last year. Their 3 tallest rotation players are 6-11, 6-10, 6-9.

Wyoming is very beatable--they were rotten last year and are again predicted for the bottom of the Mountain West--but we play them 48 hours after Clemson. So it's play Clemson, fly across two time zones and play Wyoming on their court. That will be tough. The Cowboys tallest rotation players go 6-10, 6-9, 6-9.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Re: 8 Player Rotation

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Commissioner wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I took a look at Clemson's roster, pct, and they have 6'11", 6' 10" and 2 players 6'8", while the Wolf Pack have 6'11", 6' 10" and 6' 11" post players. But, you think Boe will match up just fine against these guys, right? That's the early part of the schedule and the Power 5 teams always have that kind of height, if they hope to be successful, that is. Notre Dame is coming off a bad year; I didn't check their roster. Wyoming isn't Power 5, same there.

Notre Dame has everyone back from last year. Their 3 tallest rotation players are 6-11, 6-10, 6-9.

Wyoming is very beatable--they were rotten last year and are again predicted for the bottom of the Mountain West--but we play them 48 hours after Clemson. So it's play Clemson, fly across two time zones and play Wyoming on their court. That will be tough. The Cowboys tallest rotation players go 6-10, 6-9, 6-9.


Not 100% correct. The Irish lost a sophomore transfer, D.J. Harvey, to Vandy. Not a huge loss, but certainly a loss. Harvey was ranked 53rd in his class by espn. Although he never played up to that level, he was a good player and his departure is a black eye for the program; critics say Brey can’t coach top players, and Harvey was an alum from a HS in MD that ND needs good relations with for recruiting. If you think our boards are harsh towards the coaching staff and university then go read the ND boards.

Also, with ND, Pflueger returns as a 5th year senior after an awful injury in the game that was the cutoff game to determine if he’d get to come back another year*. ND’s poor conference play was definitely in part to not having him available. ND picked up a transfer from Stanford but he needs to sit one year. Interestingly, the Irish have no true freshman players this season and have an open scholarship after unsuccessfully targeting some lingering HS recruits and other transfer players over the spring/summer (including Norris from OU, who visited).

* ND and Pflueger got a near immediate answer on his eligibility question (even though some experts said he shouldn’t have been eligible) because the ncaa exists to help ACC schools.
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm


Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests