Appeal

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Appeal

Postby cedar1973 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:36 pm

What is the word on the appeal from sanction on UD
cedar1973
Senior

Re: Appeal

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 pm

From the Detroit News today:

“The program has appealed, arguing the academic issues were a result of previous staffs and rosters and shouldn't punish a current group that had nothing to do with that. The university continues to await the NCAA's response, a spokesman said.”
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:31 am

Why wouldn’t we add that the appeal includes a technicality.
That two former players, who had no academic issues, sat out a year but are now
enrolled in a 4 year institution? Isn’t that actually part of our appeal?
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Resurget Cineribus wrote:Why wouldn’t we add that the appeal includes a technicality.

Agreed. I have to believe that it is a major point in the appeal, but don’t understand why a spokesman would leave that detail out. Maybe the News had to edit for space? (A Detroit Mercy article? Keep the word count down!)
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Lol!! True!!
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:17 pm

TerryTylerFan wrote:
Resurget Cineribus wrote:Why wouldn’t we add that the appeal includes a technicality.

Agreed. I have to believe that it is a major point in the appeal, but don’t understand why a spokesman would leave that detail out. Maybe the News had to edit for space? (A Detroit Mercy article? Keep the word count down!)

Or it's very possible that the spokesman explained the situation with JJJ and Ballantyne in detail, and it the writer summed it up as "the academic issues were a result of previous staffs and rosters and shouldn't punish a current group that had nothing to do with that." That's my guess.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:36 pm

I just looked up the LIU Brooklyn roster and no JJJ or Ballantyne listed, although they only have 9 players listed. I never heard confirmation that they are in school. Anyone have confirmation?
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:I just looked up the LIU Brooklyn roster and no JJJ or Ballantyne listed, although they only have 9 players listed. I never heard confirmation that they are in school. Anyone have confirmation?

We’ve confirmed they are at LIU practicing. Visit the other board for details and links to pictures.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:30 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:I just looked up the LIU Brooklyn roster and no JJJ or Ballantyne listed, although they only have 9 players listed. I never heard confirmation that they are in school. Anyone have confirmation?

Tom, there are pictures of them huddling with the team.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby MotownTitan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Resurget Cineribus wrote:

Tom, there are pictures of them huddling with the team.

i sent a link of their roster to Verbal Commits. They said they received confirmation from LIU that they are on the team, but the roster has not been finalized for thee website yet.
Detroit Mercy NEVER did great things! Detroit did, while Mercy failed
MotownTitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:45 pm

MotownTitan wrote:i sent a link of their roster to Verbal Commits. They said they received confirmation from LIU that they are on the team, but the roster has not been finalized for thee website yet.

Boy, I'll bet their fanbase is just furious and threatening to stop supporting the team because their roster is not on the website. ;)
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:46 pm

NC Titan wrote:
MotownTitan wrote:i sent a link of their roster to Verbal Commits. They said they received confirmation from LIU that they are on the team, but the roster has not been finalized for thee website yet.

Boy, I'll bet their fanbase is just furious and threatening to stop supporting the team because their roster is not on the website. ;)

I know I won't be giving them any money this year!
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby UDDRUMMER » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:32 am

I saw their names listed on LIU verbal commits.
I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball