HOOP NIGHT IN THE D

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

HOOP NIGHT IN THE D

Postby 1975SHjoe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:49 am

Spoke with Coach after the event, he reaffirmed that his two bigs will be with the team by Mid December. Spoke with Miller, he is still waiting for clearance by the NCAA. Calapari reminds me of Dave Niles. When stationery he can make his shot. Rose and Brandon looked good. Mens scrimmage was 4 on 4 with 3 diifferent colored jerseys, so 12 guys were on the floor. Nice event
1975SHjoe
Senior

Re: HOOP NIGHT IN THE D

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:04 am

1975SHjoe wrote:Spoke with Coach after the event, he reaffirmed that his two bigs will be with the team by Mid December. Spoke with Miller, he is still waiting for clearance by the NCAA. Calapari reminds me of Dave Niles. When stationery he can make his shot. Rose and Brandon looked good. Mens scrimmage was 4 on 4 with 3 diifferent colored jerseys, so 12 guys were on the floor. Nice event

Thanks for the report. We currently have 13 players on the roster - just curious who was sitting out
HSScout1
Senior

Postby 1975SHjoe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am

The scrimmage was about ten minutes long so after a few possessions someone else came in. No one sat the entire time.
1975SHjoe
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 am

1975SHjoe wrote:The scrimmage was about ten minutes long so after a few possessions someone else came in. No one sat the entire time.

I got it now - Thank you
HSScout1
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:52 pm

1975SHjoe wrote:Spoke with Coach after the event, he reaffirmed that his two bigs will be with the team by Mid December. Spoke with Miller, he is still waiting for clearance by the NCAA. Calapari reminds me of Dave Niles. When stationery he can make his shot. Rose and Brandon looked good. Mens scrimmage was 4 on 4 with 3 diifferent colored jerseys, so 12 guys were on the floor. Nice event

Good summary, it was a fun event with some good team chemistry. Too bad about Miller, I hope the clearance comes soon. To the extent that you can learn anything from a 10 minute, 4 on 4, less than full speed scrimmage, he really did look fundamentally sound and could be a nice addition. Great news about the bigs!
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 am

I will believe it when I see it, but I can’t believe that coach would say it this far
into the year if it wasn’t true. But will they make a difference? Will there be an
issue with the NCAA and eligibility? I’m still cautiously optimistic. But realistic as well.
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby titandave » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Glad that Brandon looked good on Hoop Night, we definitely need a strong contribution from him. I'm looking forward to seeing how Nguidjol has progressed since the end of last season, I get the impression he has the talent and athleticism to be an effective two-way player.
titandave
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball