Can The Titans Win 10 Games This Season?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Can The Titans Win 10 Games This Season?

Postby NC Titan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:05 pm

The record is 6-17. Titans’ remaining games:

At Wright State
At NKU
YSU
Cleveland States
Green Bay
Milwaukee
At UIC
At IUPUI

Can the team end the season with 10 (or more) wins? Not counting the tournament.
Last edited by NC Titan on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Re: Can The Titans Win 10 Games This Season?

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:14 pm

Real-time RPI site projects Titans will win the four home games, go winless on the road.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_232_Men.html
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Real-time RPI site projects Titans will win the four home games, go winless on the road.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_232_Men.html

They have us losing to IUPUI?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:55 pm

Yes they can. They played bad against OU. We don’t have the talent to be able to play a bad game and win. The team has to play good to win in this conference.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm

can they? yes of course. a talented young team. will they? have no idea for the same reason. a talented young team. will be good to get bo some meaningful minutes as he moves into game shape....
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:44 am

Excellent post. It appears that going 4-3 in these last 7 games would be a big moral victory as they head into tournament play.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:18 pm

I had a typo in the original post, have corrected it to show eight remaining games, not seven.

We have to win the four home games (and maybe sneak in a road win???).
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:11 pm

I make it about a 40% likelihood we get to 10 wins, NCT. But whether we do or not, what sort of a statement is it on the overall state of the program?
dennycrane
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:58 pm

titanmac wrote:can they? yes of course. a talented young team. ....

What evidence is there for this assessment?
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 am

when we get to court i'll let you know.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:03 am

dennycrane wrote:I make it about a 40% likelihood we get to 10 wins, NCT. But whether we do or not, what sort of a statement is it on the overall state of the program?

From my perspective, it means two things. First, since the departure of Ray Jr and his teammates, we have not been anywhere close to having a team of power conference caliber. Second, we need to add or develop at least 3 more players who can give us a strong 6-man rotation in order to compete at a higher level. In other words, the process of turning around the program was far more difficult than it was 12 years ago when Ray became coach. That said, this year's team is tougher than last year's and is playing overall better ball in most games compared to last year's team. But we lack roster depth and experience. That should begin to flip in our favor next season as the majority of players enter their 2nd and 3rd years in Davis' system and hopefully we add some force inside. Out of Willy, Moore, Rose, LeGrand, and Boe, we need at least two of those guys to step up and be more consistent. So far, only Moore and Rose have teased their potential to us.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titandave » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:14 pm

ptctitan wrote: Out of Willy, Moore, Rose, LeGrand, and Boe, we need at least two of those guys to step up and be more consistent. So far, only Moore and Rose have teased their potential to us.

Totally agree, there have been segments of games where Moore and Rose have been excellent. However, both players lack consistency; game in and game out.

I'm not sure what to think about Willy and Boe; they are playing at about the same level as last season (i.e. minimal development).
titandave
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:11 pm

hoffman is a big strong athlete. he will grow into it.
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:22 pm

hoffman is a big strong athlete. he will grow into it. bo and willie will be fine.
titanmac
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Hofman looks more like a less polished version of Isiani to me. I certainly hope he ends up meeting your expectations. I'm hoping Willy and Bo both take huge steps next season.
udballer
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:18 pm

a lot stronger tho.
titanmac
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:03 pm

They both need to spend some time with the strength and conditioning staff.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:16 pm

titanmac wrote:when we get to court i'll let you know.

Mac, our guys have been on the court for over 50 games, and they're 17-38. The trial is well underway, and we're looking at a directed verdict against us.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby titanmac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:11 am

sigh. commish, you are so locked into data, data you set the parameters for btw, you will never recognize change coming nor be able to anticipate its flow. never understand what it takes to move a big bureaucracy around and to change its direction, never get that whether you think you can or whether you think you can't you're right. oh you might well understand the words. without the tune its nothing but rhetoric. fine for a professor. disaster for a manager. enjoy your numbers. i admit. they're fun. more than that, they are necessary. nevertheless, after awhile you can pretty much anticipate what they mean without engaging in detailed dissection. someone will summarize that for you. no need to keep repeating the obvious.

ps. going one on one in court with you would also be fun. i'd need to be at the top of my game. not sure how much trial experience you have, if any? no matter. i am over all that. life is too much fun on its own to waste my time now. have a great day!
Last edited by titanmac on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
titanmac
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Commissioner wrote:
titanmac wrote:when we get to court i'll let you know.

Mac, our guys have been on the court for over 50 games, and they're 17-38. The trial is well underway, and we're looking at a directed verdict against us.

“We gotta get some guys that love Detroit Mercy more than just being on a basketball team, playing basketball and going on trips.” - Head Coach Mike Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball