Calipari a scholarship player?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Calipari a scholarship player?

Postby Titan Jim » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:33 am

Jamie Edmonds just had a story on Channel 4 about Brad Calipari. Toward the end of the story, I thought I heard her say that Mike Davis offered Brad a scholarship and that he accepted it. Did I hear that correctly?
Titan Jim
Senior

Re: Calipari a scholarship player?

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 am

Titan Jim wrote:Jamie Edmonds just had a story on Channel 4 about Brad Calipari. Toward the end of the story, I thought I heard her say that Mike Davis offered Brad a scholarship and that he accepted it. Did I hear that correctly?

Don’t know for sure, but wouldn’t surprise me if Brad Calipari was offered a scholarship for the one or both semesters this season. There are 13 players on the roster (https://detroittitans.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster), and D1 schools can award 13 scholarships for basketball. Don’t see a downside to using a scholarship that way. Whether it would carry over to next season is perhaps less than certain since the Titans will only lose only two payers to graduation (Miller and Maxwell) and already signed two recruits to LOIs for 2020-21. Jordan Gorman was also a walk-on at the beginning of the season but it was announced a couple weeks ago that he was awarded a scholarship covering this semester.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:14 pm

I thought I read somewhere that some of the non-scholarship players were given the available scholarships for this year to help elevate the team GPA, which I understand is pretty high.

And if Coach needs another scholarship he can always make AD a walk-on again.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby UDDRUMMER » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:21 pm

I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball