Is OU going to be ban next season for APR?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Is OU going to be ban next season for APR?

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:42 pm

I was looking at the numbers for OU since Kamp is so vocal about the ban. He also was a good guy in coming to are defense about the ban. Last season he had (I believe) 5 guys leave (Brandon Norris, Stan Scott, Karmari Newman, Jaevin Cumberland and James Beck). The APR rating appears to me to always be taken a season behind. So the schools roster for 2017-2018 is on the report given out by the NCAA on 5/6/2019 that will effect the 2019-2020 season. So for OU the four reports for the up coming year is 979(2017 report), 938 (2018 report), 960(2019 report) and ???(2020). I went to there roster page for 2018-2019 they have 10 players listed but show 12 players on the photo (???). Long story short if you use the list and assume all of them are scholarship players than they can get a max of 40 points. So with 5 players leaving you can only get a max of 35 points that brings you down to 875 now if any 2 player were ineligible academically during the fall and winter semester or didn't move on to a D1 school with scholarship of the 5 guys (Not a 100% on the D1 school needs to have a scholarship) then they will have a rating of 825. Now calculate those 4 scores and you get :)

Also I see Stan Scott playing D2 ball and Karmari Newman not playing anywere (-2 points) that might be and issue.

Don't quote me on this please do more research on it with the calculation. The three reports I did get from the NCAA data base (those are accurate). The calculation I us 4 points per player. You get two for Fall and two for Winter each scholarship player. Since you play through two semesters. This is how I was able to back calculate are bad season rating. I also have no idea on who is a scholarship player on OU so that could be my biggest flaw in this calculation.

If you are an OU fan reading this I am sure you can get better answers from your AD department or coach Kamp. I could be off. I didn't spend a lot of time on this. Also by any means I am not an expert. So don't take my word for it.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Re: Is OU going to be ban next season for APR?

Postby UDDRUMMER » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:36 pm

JDetroit, it seems like it can happen to anybody with the transfer portal. Tony Paul might want to talk to his source at the NCAA for more information.
I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball