Games 17 & 18: Titans vs. Cleveland St.

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Games 17 & 18: Titans vs. Cleveland St.

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:36 am

DetroitTitans.com game wrap of Saturday’s loss to CSU:

https://detroittitans.com/news/2021/2/1 ... state.aspx
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 am

Rogobob77 wrote:Titans lose the rematch on Saturday, 71-64. Fraser was out with an injury, he is a glue guy on the offensive side IMO.

I like Fraser but we lose because beside Twon everyone was off on there shots (36% FG team without Twon). Guys that usually knock down their shots was missing them. Brandon also had a good game. He made a number of put backs was setting screens and playing defense good. It hurts when guys are knocking down their shots make it easy for CSU to load up on Twon. All in all it was a good week with a win against the number one team in the HL.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby TitanVoiceofReason » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:07 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:Titans lose the rematch on Saturday, 71-64. Fraser was out with an injury, he is a glue guy on the offensive side IMO.

I like Fraser but we lose because beside Twon everyone was off on there shots (36% FG team without Twon). Guys that usually knock down their shots was missing them. Brandon also had a good game. He made a number of put backs was setting screens and playing defense good. It hurts when guys are knocking down their shots make it easy for CSU to load up on Twon. All in all it was a good week with a win against the number one team in the HL.

Both losing Fraser and subpar shooting hurt but in the end not making our shots did us in. Cleveland State is a rugged team to play against however we played with a lot of heart. It just wasn't our night. I expect us to beat Robert Morris both games. We can't relax. We have to go all out. In the poll I voted we would beat Cleveland State both times and we almost did. When we jumped out to 15-1 lead it shows how good our team can be.
TitanVoiceofReason
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:42 pm

TitanVoiceofReason wrote:
JDetroitTitan wrote:

Both losing Fraser and subpar shooting hurt but in the end not making our shots did us in. Cleveland State is a rugged team to play against however we played with a lot of heart. It just wasn't our night. I expect us to beat Robert Morris both games. We can't relax. We have to go all out. In the poll I voted we would beat Cleveland State both times and we almost did. When we jumped out to 15-1 lead it shows how good our team can be.

I agree. SOME of are guys look like they could phone in this win. We can't be to confident in this league. "WE CAN'T RELAX" . I chose we would lose both games but I thought it would play out the way it did against OU at home. We have the players but we just get out hustled with energy
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball