RIP Titan HOF Player Bruce Rodwan

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

RIP Titan HOF Player Bruce Rodwan

Postby ptctitan » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:21 am

https://detroittitans.com/news/2021/2/8/former-titan-student-athletes-titans-mourn-the-loss-of-hall-of-famer-bruce-rodwan.aspx

Bruce was an important player on the great teams in the mid-1960s. He scored 36 points and got 19 boards against Indiana in 1968 when we upset the defending Big Ten champs that year. The great teams of the mid-1960s got overshadowed by DeBusschere before them and by Spencer Haywood and the Vitale teams after them. But Dorie Murrey, Lou Hyatt, Bruce Rodwan, Jim Boyce, and Larry Salci formed a very talented team that produced strong winning records with wins over some big name teams. When I was in high school, this was the UD team that I followed and wouldcome to Calihan Hall (then the Memorial Building) to watch - including the unforgettable OT win over Marquette in 1967 after Al McGuire was arrested for allegedly punching a police officer during a fight. Rodwan was a great player at Ferndale HS in the early 1960's.

Rodwan is part of the great basketball history at our school that pre-dates the merger with Mercy College. In its zeal to promote the new name, I think this tradition is getting pushed aside. The school should embrace it, teach our current athletes about it, and market it before more of these HOF players pass away.
ptctitan
Senior

Re: RIP Titan HOF Player Bruce Rodwan

Postby titanarama » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:01 pm

Well said....
No MERCY in Detroit.
titanarama
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball