Chris Brandon Transfers

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Chris Brandon Transfers

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:14 am

HSScout1
Senior

Re: Chris Brandon Transfers

Postby titanmac » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:07 pm

best of luck to brandon.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:10 pm

I’m surprised this one didn’t get more play. It’s no coincidence that when Chris B came back that the team started playing extremely well. It’s going to be very difficult to replace his toughness and rebounding. I think this is a major blow.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:58 am

To be precise, we started our winning streak one month after Chris returned and only after Noah also joined the rotation - one week after Chris. Also, our stronger play began after our two weekend pause in playing league games. So, yes, Chris was a welcome addition to our rotation; but I would not ascribe our strong play mainly to him. It actually coincided mostly with Antoine finding his 3 point shooting range in the 2nd game versus OU at Calihan on December 27th, then the two-week pause coupled with the additions of Chris and Noah to the rotation. When those four factors were combined, we returned as a much stronger team and went 11-3 down the stretch in the HL with KenPom metrics equivalent to a top 68 rated team.

I will miss Chris' athleticism and his spectacular plays. I hope he finds his potential. More importantly to our Titans, I hope we find a solid post player who can help us play inside-out on offense. We took a great step forward this past season; but we must improve even more in order to be a solid contender for the 2022 post-season.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:06 am

ptctitan wrote: It actually coincided mostly with Antoine finding his 3 point shooting range in the 2nd game versus OU at Calihan on December 27th,.

I would say that is the turning point for the team. Most teams in are conference could not guard the range we open up after that. Along with having role players that could knock down shoots made it difficult to focus the defense on one player.

+100 to ptctitan
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:50 pm

I agree with pct and Dude that Chris is a significant loss to the program. I had him rated among the top 4 performers on this year's club. I further agree that Noah provided a major boost after he was able to get past, apparently, the eligibility concerns stemming from his transfer.

In regards to the record, FW, OU, GB and RM all had 15 losses or more and Western Michigan also had a bad year. Our best win was over Cleveland St. Overall, a modest winning record is a welcome improvement over the previous 4 years.
dennycrane
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball